Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shame on LEOs for carrying guns in IL!

Default Shame on LEOs for carrying guns in IL!

Well, if this don't take the cake. Heard on the radio this AM that some LEO's were in a Denny's resturant in Belleville, IL, yesterday I think, and another customer was scared of them because they were carrying guns so the officers were either asked or told to leave! Then their chief told them if they wanted to go back in to leave their weapons in their squad cars! WHAT???
    This is getting insane, cops can't carry, gun owners adresses made public, good grief what a mess....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I think I would take my time or get lost enroute on any call at a Denny's for that one.
    Now what ?

She was a plain clothes detective....
    http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/02/244529...s-on-duty.html
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    I think I would take my time or get lost enroute on any call at a Denny's for that one.

Yep. Dispatch, I'll be delayed enroute for a flat tire.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

So much for antis trying to appear tolerant, open minded and having common sense.....

"This policy effectively prohibits on-duty sworn police officers from dining in a Denny's Restaurant, but allows 'registered sex offenders,' 'felons' and or 'pedophiles' to enjoy a dining experience in Denny's," he said. "While I am appalled at this policy, I am sadly not shocked by it. We see so much political stupidness carried out in this day and age. I am hopeful that this incident reflects on the poor judgment of one individual and not the Denny's restaurant chain."

Just Plain Nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    She was a plain clothes detective....
    http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/02/244529...s-on-duty.html
    Who cares if it was a plain clothes detective? No one was breaking the law. When I was a college kid in SW PA, me and a buddy walked into a McDonalds one morning to get some breakfast on our way to some Saturday recreational fun. My buddy was carrying a S&W 44 mag with the 8" barrel in shoulder holster, open carry, plain view of everyone.... the place was full and we were in line, and a PA State Trooper (with his sidearm) walked in right behind us by coincident and everything was just as normal as you please. No one got excited, no stares, no nothing. We eventually got to the counter, ordered our food, waited and received our food and went on our way.

So why should any LEO...or...law abiding citizen be asked to leave from Denny's for legally carrying a firearm and posing no threat?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    So why should any LEO...or...law abiding citizen be asked to leave from Denny's for legally carrying a firearm and posing no threat?
    Because apparently the store has a no firearms policy, as is their right as a private business. The plain clothes detective was initially not recognized as a cop and that started the whole affair. That's all made pretty clear in the story.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Really is odd how on any firearm/carry/second ammendment issue mentioned on this forum, there are about 3 or 4 guys who always see the other side of the story and side with the libtards!! If it bothers you few so much, why not hang out in the non firearm sections of the forum instead of trying to spew your agenda to a bunch of folks that havn't "drank the Kool-Aid"

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTERKJL View Post
    Really is odd how on any firearm/carry/second ammendment issue mentioned on this forum, there are about 3 or 4 guys who always see the other side of the story and side with the libtards!! If it bothers you few so much, why not hang out in the non firearm sections of the forum instead of trying to spew your agenda to a bunch of folks that havn't "drank the Kool-Aid"
    What's really sad is the number of folks who never see anything but the side of the story they want to see, can't admit that there might be some explanation other that their conspiracy theory, and have nothing to offer besides name calling. I have no "agenda", am "spewing" nothing, and certainly have not chosen any side regarding this story. If you're seeking spewage, you might examine your own post.
    #Resist

Been following about three or four of these threads for the last week or so. Just making an observation. No quirky sayings from antiquity or archaic quotes like some of the more highly educated. Just from my experiences, if it "Walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, usually safe in concluding it's a duck". But, just my observation about some going against the grain from the consensus of the other posters!

But, just my observation about some going against the grain from the consensus of the other posters!
    Lots of posters only see the grain they want to see...

I don't agree with Denny's no guns policy, but that doesn't matter. They have every legal right to maintain that policy if they choose. There's nothing to debate there. That aside; the take home lessons from the story as presented are that the shift manager did not handle the situation very well, and the police chief has not reacted very professionally either. Nothing more to it. Not really even newsworthy, except that everybody and his brother is running around right now looking for an anti-gun conspiracy under every rock.
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Not really even newsworthy, except that everybody and his brother is running around right now looking for an anti-gun conspiracy under every rock.
    No just that most see the blatant bigoted thinking about guns and gun people. If she had been asked to leave because she was black how would you feel about that?

She’s a cop and wants to eat = matters not that she has a gun!
    Or
    She’s a cop and wants to eat = matters not that she’s black!
    Same thing, guns go with cops just like their skin!

BTW I have no idea what hre race is and don’t care just using it as an example.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I feel the same way, and I can't understand it either.

Perhaps it makes some folks feel superior to go against the grain of reason, or maybe they just enjoy it. I'm not talking about just a "difference of opinion", because it seems to be much more than that.

Logically speaking there would be no practical or moral reason for the "customer", Dennys, or the PD to respond in the manner in which they did. It was in fact, totally outrageous.

Why would someone refuse to accept the outrage, but instead object to "those who object", putting themselves on the other side from anyone who expresses the outrage,

all the while, claiming they don't Personally Approve, but that it's somehow OK. Plus, It really ISN'T an issue at all.

The same reactions have been in other threads, but the responses to your post, is a classic example. Read them and see if I'm not correct.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Logically speaking there would be no practical or moral reason for the "customer", Dennys, or the PD to respond in the manner in which they did. It was in fact, totally outrageous.
    I agree, Smitty, and would call the PD Chief's response outrageous. Not sure where he's coming from, but on the face of it, his response would seem to be way over the top.

For the actions of the Denny's shift manager, IMHO, that word (outrageous) seems a bit strong. All I know is what is in print in the link I posted, but I know how a person can fail to smoothly and gracefully handle a human relations challenge when under pressure. Apparently, The shift manager misinterpreted her employers policy and didn't handle the interaction with her customers with the greatest aplomb. Big deal. She's human, cut her some slack.

As for the customer who initiated this; I imagine she's not a gun person, she's recently been exposed to a media blitz of coverage of a truly horrific shooting event, and she's sitting in Denny's with her family, sees another customer with a gun on her hip, feels uncomfortable as a result and points out to the shift manager that 'there is a woman with a gun in that booth over there'... I don't see how practicality or morality has anything to do with this. The poor innocent woman saw a gun and told somebody about it. You think she should be crucified for that? Does that make her immoral or impractical? Is pointing out that someone has a gun wrong in any way? Gimme a break.

Denny's policy is a side issue. If I had any inclination to want to be a Denny's customer, then it would be a problem for me and I would let the ownership know of my displeasure with their policy. As it stands, I don't care for the food, atmosphere, or typical clientele of the average Denny's, so their no guns police is not an issue for me. As so many here are fond of exclaiming when it suits them, "this is still a free country" and as such Denny's has every right to set a no guns policy if they want to. If you don't like it don't eat there.

As far as constantly berating those of us who haven't jumped on your bandwagon of blindly slinging contempt at anyone who doesn't appear to display your brand of zealous gun worship and hoarding, all I can say is get over yourself. I'm sorry you feel threatened by current events, but lashing out at anybody who doesn't appear to march in lock step with you isn't going to win your cause, whatever it may be. Believe it or don't.

The Second Amendment gives us the right to keep and bear arms. It doesn't dictate that everybody has to keep and bear arms, like guns, or even feel comfortable around them. It doesn't dictate that a private business owner has to let us in his establishment with our guns. And it sure as hell doesn't give us the right to demonize people who choose not to bear arms. This is still a free country, remember?
    #Resist

Uh, this is a SHOOTING forum so it would stand to reason that people would be on here because they are shooting enthusiasts(or they just want to stir up trouble). Hence the cause for alarm with the attitude of our elected officials and their hostility towards firearm ownership. Anyone who's paying attention and cares about the future of private ownership of firearms should be very concerned. While it's true that some people might be a little more paranoid than necessary you really have to be living in a different plane of reality if you think everything's going to be hunky-dory for the future.

Been following about three or four of these threads for the last week or so. Just making an observation. No quirky sayings from antiquity or archaic quotes like some of the more highly educated. Just from my experiences, if it "Walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, usually safe in concluding it's a duck". But, just my observation about some going against the grain from the consensus of the other posters!
    I find it funny that your so patriotic about your second amendment rights, but think nothing of calling those that practice their first admendment rights Libtards? Your attitude towards others who dont fall in line with your beliefs is typical of this thread and your right, those three or four others are more educated than you..... by a long shot! Oh, and just so you can understand what a forum is, it is a site fore ALL members to discuss and debate issues.

My understanding was that 2 detectives were there. The manager insisted that they leave the guns in the car- not the Chief. Then the PD was going to boycott Denny's. The manager thought that the policy included all guns and didn't think it through. It all started from a customer complaint.
    Here in Anchorage I love going to places like KBC where LEO are welcome. The more armed good guys- the better IMHO!

This is still a free country, remember?[/QUOTE]

Ok Smitty of the North, just click your heels on your little red slippers three times and repeat after me three more times. THIS IS STILL A FREE COUNTRY! I'ts not the crazy suicidel nuts that scare me as I live in the bush and the chances of being in the middle of a mass shooting are slim for me. What sacares me is the zealous, manical, attitude of people like you!

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    I find it funny that your so patriotic about your second amendment rights, but think nothing of calling those that practice their first admendment rights Libtards? Your attitude towards others who dont fall in line with your beliefs is typical of this thread and your right, those three or four others are more educated than you..... by a long shot! Oh, and just so you can understand what a forum is, it is a site fore ALL members to discuss and debate issues.
    More educated than me or more enlightened, as in ______ you fill in the blank! I do realize this is a forum meant for people to express their opinion and even get into spirited debates. What I was simply pointing out is that there are a very few, maybe 3-5 members who continually see fit to join into the discussion and play the devils advocate on any issue relating to second ammendment rights, right to carry, magazine capacity, or type of weapon we should be allowed to own. It has to make one wonder which side of the fence these few are on as they always seem to take the side of the enemy of gun owners. As an example, if deep down, I was against trapping or bow hunting (which I am not), I sure as hell would find better things to do with my time than getting on those forums and constantly offering up a obstinate point of view as these few have continually done on any topic brought up in the firarms section! Just go back and read any of the half dozen threads that have started after the last mass shooting. You will see the same few "antagonists" stirring the pot and attacking the views of the mainstream majority on the forum. Lastly, I would argue strongly that "they are not more educated then me" as you say, but have been seduced into believing the liberal agenda that has been forced on this nation for a good 40 plus years now. But that again is just my opinion!

As I read this thread I am reminded of something I read a week or two ago. It was an article interviewing some guy who's name escapes me now.
    Anyway he was talking about how these recent mass murderers have chosen gun free zones to commit these heinous crimes.
    The last one was in a school obviously a gun free zone.
    The guy in colorado at the theatre picked that theatre for a very good reason. There were five movie theatres in his area showing the Batman movie.
    One was the same distance away from his residence and one was even closer to his residence than the one he went to and committed his crime.
    The reason he went where he did was this particular theatre had posted a sign stating no guns allowed.
    He knew that the odds were good nobody in that theatre had a gun. If he had chosen one of the other theatres there was the chance of a concealed carrying movie goer ending his reign of terror early on.
    When that list of gun cc permit holders was printed in New York or wherever it was I heard just as many non gun owners were pissed off as gun owners. Why? Because now the bad guys with guns knew which houses they could target that were not likely to have guns in them.
    That leads me to this theory:
    Is the Denny's restauraunt chain setting themselves up to be the place of one of these crazy's attacks?
    They know Denney's does not allow guns. Now they know law enforcement will not likely to be eating there either.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast