Thread: Getting involved with the bog meetings (how to?)

Default Getting involved with the bog meetings (how to?)

Id like to attend BOG meetings to give proposals and/or input, How Do I find out when these meetings take place or how to write a proposal?

You can go on line to get the proposal forms, or get them at F&G. I get mine from F&G since I can't get the writable form to download on my computer. They have to be in by Dec. Then meetings are scheduled everyother year for game. Game Board meeting is scheduled for Spring 2008. If you do a proposal you need to go to an Advisory Commitee meeting for your area. You need to talk to the A/C and get their support for your proposal. Otherwise it won't stand much of a chance of getting passed. You can get this information from your local F&G office. The Fairbanks A/C is having a meeting next Wednesday night, at Pikes Water Front Lodge, in the Copper room. Our meeting will be at 7:00PM. I'm Secratary.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Id like to attend BOG meetings to give proposals and/or input, How Do I find out when these meetings take place or how to write a proposal?
    I wouldn't advise going to the meetings. Usually those who do are those with a vested interest. They last for days. If you're good, you'll sign in to speak early.

It's best to document your input and mail it in. It then becomes part of the record.

It isn't disregarded. I've been called by Board of Game members regarding my proposals and comments to other proposals. The Board members who are on your side need your proposals and comments.

Go here to get more information.

I can't speak for the state AC's but I'm on a Federal subsistence RAC, if your not there to testify you better get a proxy, because the opposition is going to be there in force. By not being there you have no way to rebut them. If at all possible take the the time and go. In fact even if you don't have a proposal on the table it is a good idea to attend just to find out how things work. Get involved it is the only way to protect hunting and fishing, like Mark said the SIG attend, they make sure they are heard. We need to do the same.