Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 123

Thread: 480 is back

  1. #1
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default 480 is back

    Ruger has brought the 480 back in SRH and Alaskan.Lots of new stuff on their site rifles too.
    http://ruger.com/products/superRedhawk/index.html
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    welfare state of Alaska
    Posts
    5,153

    Default not available?

    I see that they show them BUT you can't order them!

    Could be a false alarm?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Ruger has brought the 480 back in SRH and Alaskan.Lots of new stuff on their site rifles too.
    http://ruger.com/products/superRedhawk/index.html
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

  3. #3
    Member hodgeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction AK
    Posts
    4,055

    Default

    First day of their new product release....should be in the pipe soon.

    Ruger has generally been horrible about getting new stuff in the supply chain, but better in recent years.


    Thinking a 480 Alaskan needs to find its way to my house.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

  4. #4
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    How are those Ruger Alaskan pistols?

  5. #5
    Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Anchorage
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    I had just logged in to post this in the 480 thread, I am at the DSC show this week and word at the Ruger booth is that both the SRH and the Alaskan are back for 2013. Both as 6 shooters too for what that's worth.

  6. #6
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Kinda wish my Alaskan was 480 insted of 454 but I'll live with it.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  7. #7
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Kinda wish my Alaskan was 480 insted of 454 but I'll live with it.

    Ditto, but I'll probably sell my 454 and get the 480. It will go well with my SRH 7.5" gray 480 and my Puma lever 480.

  8. #8
    New member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    .....and my Puma lever 480.
    Not that would be a nice levergun. I have a 454.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

  9. #9
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Not that would be a nice levergun. I have a 454.
    It's pretty nice, I wish they still made them. Maybe with Ruger coming back out with the 480 they might start producing them again.

  10. #10

    Default Re: 480 is back

    If they'd put it in a blackhawk or SBH I'd buy one.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    welfare state of Alaska
    Posts
    5,153

    Default

    Wonder what S&W will come out with at the Shot Show this year? How about a titanium Xframe at about 40 oz in a .500 S&W Special or a N frame plus in a .475 S&W?

    In reality, I don't think any of the pistol manufacturer's are really that keen on making revolvers anymore - the real money and volume is black plastic pistols and rifles. I really don't expect much of anything this year revolver wise, but we can always hope. It is a real surprise to me that Ruger brought the .480 back judging from the low prices the SRHs (other than the Alaskans) bring on GunBroker.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Between two lakes in Alaska
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Thanks for the heads-up on the .480 being back.

    Edit: Oh no! I see they added a LH SS 375 Guide Gun to their listings.

  13. #13

    Default

    Dang...now I have a shortened .44 SRH and ammo for sale! I`ve been another one looking for something .480.


    Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff


  14. #14
    Moderator Paul H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    5,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Wonder what S&W will come out with at the Shot Show this year? How about a titanium Xframe at about 40 oz in a .500 S&W Special or a N frame plus in a .475 S&W?

    In reality, I don't think any of the pistol manufacturer's are really that keen on making revolvers anymore - the real money and volume is black plastic pistols and rifles. I really don't expect much of anything this year revolver wise, but we can always hope. It is a real surprise to me that Ruger brought the .480 back judging from the low prices the SRHs (other than the Alaskans) bring on GunBroker.
    Is it really too much to ask that if you want to discuss S&W revolvers you start and S&W thread, and if there is a thread discussing Rugers you limit your discussion to Rugers??? And by limiting the discussion to Rugers I don't mean making comments about how they are inferior because the frames are cast etc.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

    If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    welfare state of Alaska
    Posts
    5,153

    Default how about Pumas?

    How about the discussion of Puma lever guns?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Is it really too much to ask that if you want to discuss S&W revolvers you start and S&W thread, and if there is a thread discussing Rugers you limit your discussion to Rugers??? And by limiting the discussion to Rugers I don't mean making comments about how they are inferior because the frames are cast etc.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

  16. #16
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    How about the discussion of Puma lever guns?
    Why not start one and leave this thread alone?
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    welfare state of Alaska
    Posts
    5,153

    Default not me...

    I didn't mention them - it was someone else bring them up. Should THEY start a separate thread?



    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Why not start one and leave this thread alone?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

  18. #18

    Default

    No, your special. People just get sick of the whining about Rugers and always trying to slide in insults like:

    "It is a real surprise to me that Ruger brought the .480 back judging from the low prices the SRHs (other than the Alaskans) bring on GunBroker".

    Now I am off topic. Oh well, it was worth it.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    welfare state of Alaska
    Posts
    5,153

    Default no slam & mainly on topic..

    That is hardly an insult - just simple economics and a reflection of supply and demand on prices. As I've mentioned before, I've been looking at .480 SRH prices researching get building a .480 Redhawk.

    And it is interesting that they are bringing back the .480 SRHs when they can't even supply .45 Redhawks - or is that off topic?


    Quote Originally Posted by Money Pit View Post
    No, your special. People just get sick of the whining about Rugers and always trying to slide in insults like:

    "It is a real surprise to me that Ruger brought the .480 back judging from the low prices the SRHs (other than the Alaskans) bring on GunBroker".

    Now I am off topic. Oh well, it was worth it.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

  20. #20
    Member stevelyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fairbanksan in Aleutian Hell
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chugachjed View Post
    If they'd put it in a blackhawk or SBH I'd buy one.
    Yeah, I'm thinking a 5-shot SBH or RH.
    Now what ?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •