Quote Originally Posted by BeaV View Post
,..... 12 hours til the next high tide or maybe a river channel and hoping things didn't get too nasty out there. It didn't help either that once I got out 1/2 mile the shoreline usually wasn't visible giving a sense that I was out in the middle of nowhere. Not having a deck compass, I had to use clouds near the horizon to navigate and try to paddle parallel to the shore I couldn't see.

I only got beached on the mud twice for periods of 4 and 5 hours, I recall. When that happened, all I could do was crawl into the boat and zip up the spray skirt to try to keep the incessant wind and rain at bay. As you probably could see on my tracker, there were too many days where I was still stuck out there paddling after dark. OH MAN I hated those nights paddling blind- not a star in the sky. Just black everywhere and then I'd hit a mud flat. Which way to go to find deeper water? I wanted so desperate to find shore but usually had to go out further to find enough water to paddle through. Eventually, when I made shore, I wanted to kiss it I was so relieved! Then the next morning came and I'd have to go back out again. Day after day of this kind of stuff wears on a guy.
Hey Thanks a Ton for getting back to us on all these questions Beav,... really appreciate it

as for this highlighted quote,...
that is such a demonstration of toughness in the clutch, I can only imagine the Mental/Spiritual Endurance part of this entire trip,...
had to highlight that again.

"Well Done," is a serious understatement,...
Am sure glad you connected with us here.