Thread: Siglin sled hitch help

Default Siglin sled hitch help

Can someone tell me what size eye bolt for the siglin sled? I have a flapper hitch but need to pull the sled with my snowmachine with a pintle. I don't have my sled in town but will need to tow the sled when I go to the cabin. Can anybody measure theirs?

Thanks

Most of the time the pental type hitches are made out of 3/4" stock so you would most likely need 7/8" to 1" not any bigger.To take some of the slop out of a pental type hitch is to take a 3/8 nylon type rope and thread it as many times as you can through the loop after it is hooked up to the sled. Just makes for a lot less banging back and forth.

5/8" is about the biggest you can go and still get on and off the pintle with ease.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Did you buy the sled from Dave Doudna at Northern Sledworks or is it older? Just cause it's a "siglin" style sled does not mean all the eyebolts used are the same.
    You said you have a flapper style (flat tab) hitch set up. I'm assuming that what is on the sled is a rotating bolt that was modified to slip over your tab? Sounds like there is an easier way.
    Get a 1/4" thick piece of steel, about 1.5"x3" (give or take). Drill the same sized hole as what is on your flat tab toward one end. On the other end, drill a hole large enough to fit over your pintle hitch. This adapter will take over as the flat tab on your one machine, but connect to your pintle on the second machine. Be sure to take a bolt w/ lock nut or pin to connect the adapter to your sled. If you have both sleds you can get the measurements off of those.
    No, I don't have one here at work, or a camera to take a picture of what I use. I always keep the adapter in my tool box on my sled just in case.
    ARR

I appreciate the responses! Cabin time now! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    Did you buy the sled from Dave Doudna at Northern Sledworks or is it older? Just cause it's a "siglin" style sled does not mean all the eyebolts used are the same.
    You said you have a flapper style (flat tab) hitch set up. I'm assuming that what is on the sled is a rotating bolt that was modified to slip over your tab? Sounds like there is an easier way.
    Get a 1/4" thick piece of steel, about 1.5"x3" (give or take). Drill the same sized hole as what is on your flat tab toward one end. On the other end, drill a hole large enough to fit over your pintle hitch. This adapter will take over as the flat tab on your one machine, but connect to your pintle on the second machine. Be sure to take a bolt w/ lock nut or pin to connect the adapter to your sled. If you have both sleds you can get the measurements off of those.
    No, I don't have one here at work, or a camera to take a picture of what I use. I always keep the adapter in my tool box on my sled just in case.
    ARR
    Thanks AK River rat! I have a new sled from Northern sledworks. I hadn't thought of a plate. I tried standardizing my sleds and snowmachine hitches, but have one oddball. The plate idea is great! Simple and makes me able to pull any sled with any machine!

I do the same as Ak river rat, But on the pintle end, i use the loop from 5/8 cable clamp and weld it to that end. Buy one of them throw the saddle away and you have 2 nice loops already to go to weld to whatever hitch or the plate.