Thread: Tikka T3 Lite Best Bullets?

Default Tikka T3 Lite Best Bullets?

Got a tikka t3 lite 300WM I want to load some rounds for. Was planning on using the Barnes 180gr TSX BT. Anybody have a preferred load for this rifle?

Some of the .300 Tikka's have a 1:11 twist. Mine did OK with 180s but performed better with 150/165gr bullets. You might check that out before you load a bunch.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

just for you "record", a buddy that I shoot with and talk loading with constantly has a T3 300 WSM and it shoots 200 Accubonds lights out with a pretty decent MV ..... go figure

ALL 30 caliber Tikkas use a 1:11 twist. Mine will shoot 200 grain cup and core bullets without any problems. I would expect that a 180 grn Barnes being solid copper would be about same length as a 200 grn cup and core bullet. But your gun will be the ultimate judge of what it likes.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

My T3 lite in 308 Win shoots 220 grain partitions sub MOA.

Quote Originally Posted by cessna308 View Post
    My T3 lite in 308 Win shoots 220 grain partitions sub MOA.
    THAT'S GREAT !! However an AB, Berger, Barnes, are Boat-Tailed bullets with much more drastic ogives of maybe 8-9 versus the 6 or 7 of the NP makeing them very long projectiles; The NP is a flat-based bullet as well further reduceing it's overall length. Then the velocity to stabilize the overall length kicks in, and the target tells the tale. Every rifle is it's own judge as to what it likes and what it doesn't. If I wanted to load heavy or long bullets for the rifle, I'ld find a local reloader and purchase a handfull of the desired bullets from him thereby reduceing the fact I'ld have an expensive box of bullets laying around that won't work.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !