Thread: Resoling Lowa GTX Extreme

Default Resoling Lowa GTX Extreme

Has anyone had the Lowa GTX Extreme resoled? Is there a recommended place in Fairbanks? Or, where have you sent them to get resoled and what is your review? Thanks!

I don't know of any good cobbler's in AK but when I needed my boots resoled the folks at Alaska Mountaineering and Hiking recommended David Page Cobbler in Seattle. It sucked that I had to ship em outside but he did a great job and he works on all kinds of boots, he'll change out the rubber rand too if it needs it. It says on his website that he's the authorized repair agent for a bunch of different brands and lowa is one of them, mine were LaSportiva's.

Thanks Ernie, I will check it out! I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger15 View Post
    Has anyone had the Lowa GTX Extreme resoled? Is there a recommended place in Fairbanks? Or, where have you sent them to get resoled and what is your review? Thanks!
    A cobbler can grind down the vibram soles and glue on another one without changing the structure of the boot at all. My dad is a cobbler and has been able to fix about any boot that has a vibram sole on it as the sole will not melt when it is ground on. As long as the uppers are in good shape you will be fine to have them resoled. Can be done for $55. Good luck!

Boot Country on Old Swd & 76thish in Anchorage did mine this summer. I think the price was about the same & so far they have held up fine.