Thread: George Lake Conditions

Thumbs down George Lake Conditions

Four of us went to George Lake Saturday and Sunday thinking that the high wind advisory from Friday would be a thing of the past. I was very wrong as the wind was extremely fierce the whole time we were there. After driving 130 miles and then snow-machining in we weren't going to give up on the fishing. The water was very turbid again this year from rotting blue green algae just like it was last year. I don't think it was quite as bad but the water was bad enough to not be able to see your lure a foot and a half down.

I marked an occasional fish on my Vexilar flasher but I didn't get a hit in two days of fishing. Out of 4 of us one caught a couple of 4 pound pike and he had one other fish on. The remaining 3 of us had no hits at all some using bait and others using jigs etc.

I just thought that I'd share this with everyone who might be thinking of this trip too. If anyone does better or finds the conditions have changed down there let us know.

I lost my camp stove off of my sled when it slid out from under the cover. I lost it way back by the Tanana River and a couple of fellow fishermen brought it out to the lake with them and returned it to me. THANKS.

NICE to make new friends