Hello! I am moving to Alaska soon. I am driving my Uhaul cross country with my doggie and me. I've taken a lot of time to plan. I have my emegency road kit. See list below. I have mapped out my area and also gone to Triple A to have them plan a route that includes alternative routes for contruction and road closures as well as traveling with my doggie. I have been to the Canadian border page many times to make sure I am bringing everything I need (besides a passport).
I have to be honest I am super nervous going on the Alasakan Highway and throught the Canadian Rockies alone with a uhaul in winter. But please understand that I cannot wait and all expenses have been paid for.
With all that said.. any suggestions or advice or guidance for this journey?
1. Flashlights with extra batteries
2. first aid kit with pocket knife
3. necessary medications
4. several blankets
5. sleeping bags
6. extra newspapers for insulation
7. plastic bags (for sanitation)
11. wool cap
12. rain gear and extra clothes
13. small sack of sand for generating traction under wheels
14. small shovel
15. small tools (pliers wrench screwdriver)
16. booster cables
17. engine block with low temperature cords
18. set of tire chains and/or traction mats (Uhaul doesn't supply tire chains)
19. cards, games, puzzles
20. brightly colored cloth to use as a flag
21. dried fruit and nuts
22. lots of hot liquid to drink (water for tea hot chocolate)