Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No ammo!

Default No ammo!

Seems as though there's not a place one to buy any cubes of .22 LR shells. Wal-Mart received a shipment in the other night and sold out within the hour :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Seems as though there's not a place one to buy any cubes of .22 LR shells. Wal-Mart received a shipment in the other night and sold out within the hour :-(
    You need to be at sportsmans on weds that's when they get shipments in... This week probably Thursday...

Default No ammo!

I got a couple bricks of 400 at sportsmans in Wasilla last Friday. Bottom shelf of the 22 ammo case. There were 5 or 6 deep in there hidden from sight when standing. I happen to bend down to pick up something my boy dropped and there they were.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Just order it from CMP, $269.95 for a case of 5,000 delivered to your door step in Alaska. It's been mentioned several times on here before but seems like most people are hesitant to do it for some reason. Myself, ordered three cases in the last 12 months with the last one ordered just last week.
    A family can NEVER have to many .22 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Pit View Post
    Just order it from CMP, $269.95 for a case of 5,000 delivered to your door
    Wow.......I just paid $159. per 5k case at Trustworthy. Guess it was a better deal than I thought......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Wow.......I just paid $159. per 5k case at Trustworthy. Guess it was a better deal than I thought......
    As long as it isnt Federal or Remington bulk you should go back and buy every case they have in the store. That is only $15.90 per 500 round brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Pit View Post
    As long as it isnt Federal or Remington bulk you should go back and buy every case they have in the store. That is only $15.90 per 500 round brick.
    They did in fact run out pretty quick......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I don't get it. Nothing 22LR, especially ammo, is likely to get banned in the coming gun legislation, so why is everyone driving up the price and demand on 22LR ammo?

Default No ammo!

Not banned, taxed.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
    I don't get it. Nothing 22LR, especially ammo, is likely to get banned in the coming gun legislation, so why is everyone driving up the price and demand on 22LR ammo?
    ..."When in danger when in doubt run in circles scream and shout."
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    ..."When in danger when in doubt run in circles scream and shout."
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to iofthetaiga again.

*sigh* We need a simple "Like" button.

Default No ammo!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to iofthetaiga again.

*sigh* We need a simple "Like" button.
    You must spread some Reputation around before subtracting from AK2FL-Old Town again

*sigh* We need a simple "Dislike" button.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Akheloce View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before subtracting from AK2FL-Old Town again

*sigh* We need a simple "Dislike" button.
    Where's the Like button on that! LOL

AKheloce, I get the impression that you take a lot of things here personally, as if you just can't stand the thought of someone disagreeing with you or having a different belief system. Just wanted you to know, it's okay to think differently and to disagree. Oh, and you shouldn't take anything I say personally against you; it's not meant like that.

That you can’t do the simple math on this and see the “why” of it is a stunning blindness or tunnel vision of the mind. If you were capable of seeing the whole picture you would know why, you may not agree even then but the why is so very easy to grasp.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Yep, like it or not, the gun community is running scared and buying up everything in bulk. For those that have limited supply of ammunition, magazines, reloading components, ect...ect... expect to get gouged on prices! Sad, but true! Thought I would pick up another meager 1000 block of small and large pistol primers the other day, WRONG! Been to both Sportsmans and another vender and have found none. Crazy times. As to the reason?? Maybe it is what I read on Drudge Report tonight; "White House says it will move fast on immigration reform and gun control" article said information leaked to Huffington Post and said expect something fast as in Jan 2013! That is just the kind of crap that empties the shelves of anything gun related. Midway USA just the other day was out of Mini 14 mags, but had an estimated restock date of 8 Jan. Today, they are all posted as "no back order" with no posted date of expected restock??

Well, I don't beleive there will a ban on 22LR ammo in the near future (that will be the camels tail not his nose), I don't think a per round tax would be unexpected. I mean 10 cents per round should be reasonable. A person only needs a few rounds per year for hunting so a $.50 or $.60 extra for your years supply of ammo isn't going to hurt anyone. I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy ammo in huge boxes of 50 at a time. They hardly even make magazines that big anyway.
    What I don't understand is how anyone can really think the leftist agenda is anything but total people control. Stalin, Hitler and Mussolini are three classic examples of leftist agenda. That agenda cannot be accomplished with an armed populace. Is that clear enough for everyone?
    One little bit at a time and we will get the whole camel in the tent.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    That you can’t do the simple math on this and see the “why” of it is a stunning blindness or tunnel vision of the mind. If you were capable of seeing the whole picture you would know why, you may not agree even then but the why is so very easy to grasp.
    YES, it is sad that people refuse to see through the thin vail.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post

What I don't understand is how anyone can really think the leftist agenda is anything but total people control. Stalin, Hitler and Mussolini are three classic examples of leftist agenda. That agenda cannot be accomplished with an armed populace. Is that clear enough for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Well, I don't beleive there will a ban on 22LR ammo in the near future (that will be the camels tail not his nose), I don't think a per round tax would be unexpected. I mean 10 cents per round should be reasonable. A person only needs a few rounds per year for hunting so a $.50 or $.60 extra for your years supply of ammo isn't going to hurt anyone. I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy ammo in huge boxes of 50 at a time. They hardly even make magazines that big anyway.
    Correct! So far I've needed only one 30-06 cartridge, about three dozen steel shotshells, and a handful of .410 shells for all the game I've harvested in the past season. If I don't count the misses and only count the hits, I'd really only need about 50 rounds per year, combined for all my firearms. Of course if I hope to eliminate the misses, I'll need practice, but I think I can basically just visualize the clay pigeon and the shotgun and not waste all those rounds on the range every year (and my scope never needs a zero, even after tumbling down a scree slope). So, there. It appears that for a paltry $5.00 (at .10/round tax) I could have had the same amount of hunting recreation this year without stockpiling any ammunition.

And now we prepare for Tigger to call us base and alarmist for pointing out something as obvioius as the nose on one's face.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast