Thread: Hunters ED class in Juneau

Default Hunters ED class in Juneau

I'm trying to get enough people together to get a hunters ED class put on here in Juneau. I need at least 4 more people to commit to taking it for them to put one on. My son is 10 yrs old and the next available class isn't until July. Minimum class size is 5 and minimum age is 10 yrs possibly 9 yr if there really mature. If your interested in getting a class together please PM me. This can be for adults or kids.
    Thanks, Travis

Travis, have you looked at the online class opportunity? Once your son and maybe you too take it you can work with Zmuda to schedule a field day though you still need 3-4 others who also need that part. Usually just 4-6hrs on a Saturday.

There is the DZ Middle School 6th Grade Hunters Ed program in March-not sure if you could get in on their Field Day with permission if there is open space.

You might also check on the 4H Outdoor Skills Club to check on their plans. Contact Extension Agent Darren Snyder at 796-6281 for the leaders contact info.
    Are you headed south for a spring hunting adventure?

I have spoken with Zmuda about it. I would prefer a real class. I took one with my dad 25 yrs ago and I've been looking forward to taking it again with my son. I was hoping for a spring class just incase he has problems and needs to retake something before the July class. Thanks for the 4H idea Ill look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Fireman View Post
    I have spoken with Zmuda about it. I would prefer a real class. I took one with my dad 25 yrs ago and I've been looking forward to taking it again with my son. I was hoping for a spring class just incase he has problems and needs to retake something before the July class. Thanks for the 4H idea Ill look into it.
    The real class is usually referred to as the traditional or in person class. If you think your son might have trouble, or if you just want to give him a leg up before than in person class, have him take the online class just for fun, and for free:
    http://www.hunter-ed.com/alaska/

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Fireman View Post
    I'm trying to get enough people together to get a hunters ED class put on here in Juneau.
    You don't need to wait until the next class. Contact any of the Juneau-area HIT trainers (I myself am one) once you get enough people. Each trainer can decide if the group is big enough or small enough. I travel too much for work right now to assemble a class, but would be glad to lend a hand to any other instructor that you get. I'm also RSO qualified for range-day too.