Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about something that has something to do with canoeing

Default How about something that has something to do with canoeing

OK canoeing forum remember... Not home shop making Xmas presents forum. Enough already....

Who's planning an expedition somewhere? Buying a new canoe? Alaskan rivers that need to be paddled... New canoes being made?

Help save this forum from a massive influx of self-gratifying induced boredom....

I would prefer presents being made than your hatefull post. Why not just tell us your great plans for the year to come?
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by pipercub View Post
    OK canoeing forum remember... Not home shop making Xmas presents forum. Enough already....
    You really gotta way with words. Nothin' like shooting yourself in the foot before you even start out the gate.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Who's planning an expedition somewhere? Buying a new canoe? Alaskan rivers that need to be paddled... New canoes being made?

Help save this forum from a massive influx of self-gratifying induced boredom....
    OK canoe forum member,
    I agree the thread is way off topic.
    I still owe some photos of the sleds in action,so not quite enough already.
    For something to add to this forum that is on topic, I got the plans for a18' Micmac that I may build skin on frame this winter.
    How is that?
    Yes, it is gratifying to build something, to post about it and have someone else enjoy it somehow, but the most self-gratifying part is the light in those kids eyes.
    Guilty as charged.
    There is nothing boring about it, just the opposite from where I stand.
    If you find it boring ,I guess you can turn the channel.
    Good to see you have a project in your quest to save this forum

I think Iam going to like this thread LOL

Take it to to home shop woodworking forum...this is a canoeing forum...

So add something to it mister hall monitor.Or you could take your complaint to the bit&8ing forum if you like.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by oyster View Post
    OK canoe forum member,
    I agree the thread is way off topic.
    I still owe some photos of the sleds in action,so not quite enough already.
    For something to add to this forum that is on topic, I got the plans for a18' Micmac that I may build skin on frame this winter.
    How is that?
    Yes, it is gratifying to build something, to post about it and have someone else enjoy it somehow, but the most self-gratifying part is the light in those kids eyes.
    Guilty as charged.
    There is nothing boring about it, just the opposite from where I stand.
    If you find it boring ,I guess you can turn the channel.
    Good to see you have a project in your quest to save this forum
    Oyster you go ahead a finish your other thread as there are more out then then not who are looking forward to more pics

it is a little off topic , but there is no full mark on the forum an I an waiting for more inputs, untill it comes I for one enjoy the off topic inputs ,
    the weather is cold an the water hard , waiting for more canoe stuff , but till it comes I will enjoy the sleds Oyster he made , I think they are great
    by my 2cts

After the unbelievable buid pics Oyster including while he built his cargo canoe- I personally want to see anything he builds posted somewhere!
    Just consider the sled a 'land freighter' for now!

For my summer I plan to get an outboard (haven't decided if I want a surface drive or not) and do some farther exploring/fishing with my canoe.

it alldepends on the canoe you have [ or getting ] there are ++'s an - - 's for bout kinds an what type of water you are going to travil that is how i see it

oyster, Keep on posting the toboggan pics and any/all others of stuff you're making. I've seen enough posts that agree right here; we like seeing your pictures and stories. Don't worry about hecklers; doesn't mean a thing.

Yeah keep posting over on Joe's woodsliver.com or any other home wood worker's sites Just not in the canoe forum.

Yeah keep posting over on Joe's woodsliver.com or any other home wood worker's sites Just not in the canoe forum.
    Piper, I tried to be polite. Just can't I guess.

Knock it off, ok? Others besides me have told you to back off of this please, and you're still hammering. oyster produces some of the most interesting reading in this forum (that is ON topic) and I sure has heck want to listen to what he's saying/doing during the wintertime too. Sorry if you think the canoe forum should be dead in winter; I'm glad its not.

I wish more canoeists would post pictures of their winter building projects.

Piper, please?

So your saying if myself or anyone is building a canoe or parts from wood you don't want to see it here. What the hell you want this to be a plastic canoe only forum? What is your problem with wood? Are you sad that you live where there is no wood?

For someone who has added not much of anything he sure complains.Probably why he is a cub and not super cub

Hey FamilyMan, take a hike... This idiotic stuff that has nothing to do with canoeing in any way, shape or form, Needs to go find a home wherever it belongs. If you want to ooh and ah over wood toboggans fine, I and the majority (I would guess) don't come to this "canoe" forum to talk about wood working. Now if you were talking about building wood canoes then that is a horse of a diff color. You and your wood pals need to take a hike before you kill off this canoe forum....Isn't there a wood hippie forum someplace where you guys can verbally pat each other on the back about what great woodworkers you are? Give us all a break.....Canoe Forum....Get it? Canoes...

Hey FamilyMan, take a hike... This idiotic stuff that has nothing to do with canoeing in any way, shape or form, Needs to go find a home wherever it belongs. If you want to ooh and ah over wood toboggans fine, I and the majority (I would guess) don't come to this "canoe" forum to talk about wood working. Now if you were talking about building wood canoes then that is a horse of a diff color. You and your wood pals need to take a hike before you kill off this canoe forum....Isn't there a wood hippie forum someplace where you guys can verbally pat each other on the back about what great woodworkers you are? Give us all a break.....Canoe Forum....Get it? Canoes...

This idiotic stuff as you call it has a good bit of the processes of wooden boat building, steam bending and riveting to name a couple.
    With that said, it does have something to with canoe building in some way, shape and form.
    I thought maybe you would have engaged in some talk of some kind of the process if you really had a interest in canoe building.
    Who are you to speak or guess for the majority?
    My intent is to share something that I enjoy, not to be patted on the back or kill off this canoe forum as you say.
    Wow, hippie forum? I would like to hear your definition of hippie, because the folks I run with always call me redneck.
    I am not even a good wood worker leave alone a great one, just a dopey welder that likes to build some boats and other things out of wood,metal or cloth.
    This ain't about the glory or money, just a good time.
    It is hard for me to imagine how anybody can take something negative out of it.
    Your bitterness on this and other posts is wilder than I can fathom.

CHANGE THE FREEKIN' CHANNEL all ready if you don't like it. If you don't want to read about it.....then don't. Nobody is MAKING you click on the link. In fact nobody is b*tching about it but you. So if you don't like it look around somewhere else.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I will 2nd that if you don't like it move on SID

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast