Thread: Mid size Ranger

Default Mid size Ranger

So I stopped into the local dealer this weekend to get some snow machine parts and noticed a smaller sized Ranger on the floor. I took a closer look at it and it was a mid sized Ranger 800. Any one have any first hand use of one of these machines. Any pluses or minuses to this rig?
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

This must be the RZR line. They came out a few years ago, fairly popular for trail riding, not a lot of cargo room for hunting but do-able.
    Mike
    (and no, don't have one myself)
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Nope not the RZRs the same as a regular Ranger but smaller. Kinda like the 500 size I guess...
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

The mid-sized Ranger 800 is only 2 inches narrower and 6 inches shorter than the full sized 2012 Ranger 800 full size. Keep in mind, the 2013 Ranger 900 is an additional 2 inches longer than the Ranger 800. The mid-sized Ranger is only 150 lbs. lighter than the full sized and still weighs in at over 1000 pounds.

I don't think there is enough of a difference to justify getting the smaller Ranger. If there was a significant difference, perhaps, but there isn't. The only difference of mention is the price and it's just $1100. For that small of a difference, it should not be a real factor.

Another potential issue is the availability of parts, accessories, and upgrades. The mid sized is less popular thus making parts less available.

My disclaimer is that I do not own a mid-size nor do I know anyone who does.