Thread: Fantastic 2012!!!

Default Fantastic 2012!!!

I had a great 2012 hunting season and would like to share some pictures.

My girlfriend drew a unit 13 caribou draw tag. This was her first big game kill.

Also I was blessed enough to hunt Kyrgyzstan this year for Marco Polo Sheep and Mid Asian Ibex. Here's a couple pictures and a link to my hunt report on Accurate Reloading.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...3/m/6241071281

Happy New Year all!!!!!!

Brett

Wow, nice!..you are blessed!
    "Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous" ~ Reinhold Messner

Hey Brett. I am a "keep it in the USA" type of guy when it comes to hunting, but those are two BEAUTIFUL animals!!!!!!! Looks like an amazing adventure. Big congrats!!!! Enjoy the New Year!

Spectacular. I love the different Ibex, that is a very nice one.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

FINALLY! Ha Ha! I've been looking forward to seeing pictures from your Marco Polo hunt. Great job Brett and great animals. I'll bet that was a great experience. Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful pictures. Is there a plan in 2013 that can top harvesting a Marco Polo and an Ibex? Ummmm, that would be tough.

Nice!!How are you gonna mount those majestic beasts?Hope one day to experience a hunt like that!!

Very nice for sure! Congrats to you both!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

The ibex will be a European and the MP sheep a half life size. Thanks all!

Brett

Wow.....that's gotta be a crazy thing to do. Really enjoyed the read. Congrats...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Love that ibex man...super cool. Just curious... which was the more physical hunt? My boss has tons of north american sheep experience and he seemed super impressed with his ibex hunt. Some of the ibex species seem fairly reasonably priced for overseas mnt hunting...definitley compared to argali and sheep anyway. Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by BrettAKSCI View Post
    The ibex will be a European and the MP sheep a half life size. Thanks all!

Brett
    Europeaned Ibex -too cool

Quote Originally Posted by ninefoot View Post
    Love that ibex man...super cool. Just curious... which was the more physical hunt? My boss has tons of north american sheep experience and he seemed super impressed with his ibex hunt. Some of the ibex species seem fairly reasonably priced for overseas mnt hunting...definitley compared to argali and sheep anyway. Congrats
    Thank you! I see potential for the ibex to be harder, but for me the sheep was the better hunt. I happened to spot my sheep over a mile away and had one heck of a stalk. Ibex are creatures of habit and come down out of the nasty rocks every morning in the dark to feed on grass in the slopes bellow. It's very doable to ambush them first thing in the morning when they come down to you to feed. That's what I was able to do with mine. If you climbed a bunch it would be a different hunt. It's just the way mine ibex worked out. That said I saw ibex in rocky terrain that could NOT be reached without technical gear. Some of the places I really couldn't even believe they made it up there. The only thing I can think to compare it to is watching goats on some of the cliffs in Resurrection Bay in Seward. One look and you know it's impossible!

Brett

Thanks much for sharing.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Cool photos. Congrats to the girlfriend on her first of hopefully many trophies. Good luck to you on having a more memorable 2013. It will be tough for sure after this year. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys! We're going to try to get her a sheep this year. Who knows what's in store for me............the draw gods........

Brett

nice job. i am interested in going on an adventure like this. could you pm me the cost all in?