Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The History of Gun Control

Default The History of Gun Control

Lest we forget...gun control's true end game...with all the talk of gun control this should be disseminated widely...
    Let's pull together everyone, we don't want our children and grandchildren left to themselves in a world where "we the people" are disarmed...no one knows what tryant might arise in the future...the American Founders knew what they were talking about...

Fruit-of-Gun-Gun-Control-63702061329.jpg

History of Gun Control

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.
    From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control?

56 million+

NORTHSTAR; if you count the Angolan and Rodesian civiians plus the unarmed civilians in Somalia and Sierra Leone toss in some Kurds and a batch of Afghans during Russias invasion you'll probably get closer to 70 million unarmed people that were murdered by armed oppressors. Obedience to oppression will come at the point of a gun held by a tyrant.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

To put it quite simply...

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

It goes back much farther. In the South, people had to get permission from the local sheriff to acquire firearms. As you can imagine, blacks could not get them, only whites. It was used as a tool of enslavement, then and now.

Even now you must get permission to own a sidearm in North Carolina.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

ďI was just following ordersĒÖÖ. All of us who have/do wear the uniform, whether Police or Military, swore an Oath to protect and defend the Constitution - from all enemies. You'll know itís done hit the fan if the day comes and that choice has to be made. For some it may be easy....

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    It goes back much farther. In the South, people had to get permission from the local sheriff to acquire firearms. As you can imagine, blacks could not get them, only whites. It was used as a tool of enslavement, then and now.

Even now you must get permission to own a sidearm in North Carolina.
    Yup. It's more than a little bit ironic that the legislative gun control ball was started rolling long ago by the very predecessors of some of the most extreme right wing groups which are now so extremely vocal and up in arms about their 2A rights being threatened.

1870 Tennessee
    First "Saturday Night Special" economic handgun ban passed.

In the first legislative session in which they gained control, white supremacists passed "An Act to Preserve the Peace and Prevent Homicide," which banned the sale of all handguns except the expensive "Army and Navy model handgun" which whites already owned or could afford to buy, and blacks could not.
    ("Gun Control: White Man's Law," William R. Tonso, Reason, December 1985) Upheld in Andrews v. State, 50 Tenn. (3 Heisk.) 165, 172 (1871) (GMU CR LJ, p. 74)
    It might be a pretty funny and very sweet irony, if not for the fact that their 2A rights are also my 2A rights, and now I get lumped in with the likes of them by the far left, while they on the extreme right insist we all need to "stand together and speak with one voice". It's a crappy deal and I resent it.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

So taiga I gotta ask. What will you do if they come to your door and order you to disarm yourself?

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    So taiga I gotta ask. What will you do if they come to your door and order you to disarm yourself?
    I'll tell them I sold all my guns to you.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post

taiga, is honesty your strongest virtue?

Wink A virtuous lie?

You bet! Reminds me of the Biblical story of Rahab. Rahab was a whore who lived in Jericho and who hid the Jewish spies that were in the city scoping it out prior to conquest. When the police came to her door, Rahab lied, said she didn't know a thing. Later she helped the spies escape and return to the Jewish camp.

For that lie, a Canaanite whore was grafted into the ancestry of Jesus Christ.

Read all about it here: Joshua 2

Yup. It's more than a little bit ironic that the legislative gun control ball was started rolling long ago by the very predecessors of some of the most extreme right wing groups which are now so extremely vocal and up in arms about their 2A rights being threatened.

It might be a pretty funny and very sweet irony, if not for the fact that their 2A rights are also my 2A rights, and now I get lumped in with the likes of them by the far left, while they on the extreme right insist we all need to "stand together and speak with one voice". It's a crappy deal and I resent it.
    Unless Iím misreading or misunderstanding your comment, youíre wrong.
    The "Right Wing" did not start the "gun control" movement. It was the Left Wing; they did not want their former slaves to be able to buy a gun and come back and shoot them. (Back then most of the black community was Republican)
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Default The History of Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    The "Right Wing" did not start the "gun control" movement. It was the Left Wing; they did not want their former slaves to be able to buy a gun and come back and shoot them. (Back then most of the black community was Republican)
    Yep. +1000

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    You're correct that the party labels we apply to groups of people demonstrating certain 'values' have flip flopped over the years. Back then, the Democratic party was considered 'conservative' and the Republicans were considered what some now label 'liberal'. But that matters not. While I did use the term 'right wing', which is today's label, I did not otherwise make a party affiliation. I said "predecessor", meaning those who came before with the same racist ideology and oppressive practices now carried forward by people we currently label 'right wing'. Applied labels change over time, but a label doesn't make the person. A racist is still a racist, an oppressor is still an oppressor, regardless of the label du jour. White supremacist Christian Protestant hate mongers were the first to enact gun control legislation in this country, and now they are some of the ones screaming the loudest that their rights are being trampled upon. I for one find that amusing.
    #Resist

Stop trying to rewrite terms to fit your agenda. The "right wing" is not and never has been the party of "racist ideology". That claim lies clearly and still with the "left wing" who can't seem to do enough to divide and classify according to skin color. Why can't you just see everyone as "people" like us right wingers do???
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Thumbs up

You're correct that the party labels we apply to groups of people demonstrating certain 'values' have flip flopped over the years. Back then, the Democratic party was considered 'conservative' and the Republicans were considered what some now label 'liberal'. But that matters not. While I did use the term 'right wing', which is today's label, I did not otherwise make a party affiliation. I said "predecessor", meaning those who came before with the same racist ideology and oppressive practices now carried forward by people we currently label 'right wing'. Applied labels change over time, but a label doesn't make the person. A racist is still a racist, an oppressor is still an oppressor, regardless of the label du jour. White supremacist Christian Protestant hate mongers were the first to enact gun control legislation in this country, and now they are some of the ones screaming the loudest that their rights are being trampled upon. I for one find that amusing.

We lived in rural East Texas for a number of years during the '80s and '90s, where "yellow-dog Democrats," racists to the core, are the norm. Though highly religious, had Jesus run as a Republican and the Devil as a Democrat, these folks would have voted for the Devil. These folks had hated the Republican party since the Civil War.

Only in my lifetime has it begun to change. If memory serves, Bill Clements, in 1979, became the first Republican governor of Texas in 105 years.

Labels are generally useful only to the uneducated. Iofthetaiga has it pegged.

Quote Originally Posted by outaMT View Post
    ďI was just following ordersĒÖÖ. All of us who have/do wear the uniform, whether Police or Military, swore an Oath to protect and defend the Constitution - from all enemies. You'll know itís done hit the fan if the day comes and that choice has to be made. For some it may be easy....
    ASOLUTELY !!! The sad truth, but true nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

We lived in rural East Texas for a number of years during the '80s and '90s, where "yellow-dog Democrats," racists to the core, are the norm. Though highly religious, had Jesus run as a Republican and the Devil as a Democrat, these folks would have voted for the Devil. These folks had hated the Republican party since the Civil War.

Only in my lifetime has it begun to change. If memory serves, Bill Clements, in 1979, became the first Republican governor of Texas in 105 years.

Labels are generally useful only to the uneducated. Iofthetaiga has it pegged.
    The uneducated...is that your label for everyone that disagrees with your paradigm, Marcus?

You say iofthetaiga has it pegged...with his use of false labels...such hypocrisy.

My label for your comment; more mere liberal drivel.

With that said...

My original post here was for us to recall the atrocities of history brought about by gun control. We are/should be in agreement that the original attempts at gun control in our own country was rooted in racism. No man or group of men should ever be disarmed, to attempt it is pure evil with no good purpose, thus the concept of the Second Amendment. I don't understand what there is to disagree on this. Let's not get sidetracked, shall we?

By that time iofthetaiga, it won't matter; youíll be arrested for illegal personal sale and transfer.

The Romans disarmed my Celtic ancestors.
    The English disarmed my Scot ancestors,,, including a prohibition on bagpipes since they were a weapon of war.
    Then the British attempted to disarm my Virginian ancestors while burning their farms...
    Followed my the Yankee hordes who attempted the same thing....
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    The Romans disarmed my Celtic ancestors.
    The English disarmed my Scot ancestors,,, including a prohibition on bagpipes since they were a weapon of war.
    Then the British attempted to disarm my Virginian ancestors while burning their farms...
    Followed my the Yankee hordes who attempted the same thing....
    Ditto (except, Polish not Scot and (im sorry to say) Upstate NY not VA. But i do have Celtic )
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast