Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Obama to Gregory: "Full weight" on gun control for 2013.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    739

    Default Obama to Gregory: "Full weight" on gun control for 2013.

    Well, Obama has officially stated it this morning, (12-30-12) on Meet the Press. Legislation will be written and significant changes will be attempted. For those who didn't see the interview, I have provided a link to what he said and other implications.
    We cannot grow weary or complacent, this is not going away anytime soon.........

    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...asures-in-2013

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Political action is our best weapon.

    Contact your representatives daily, weekly and monthly. Get them on speed dial and on your email distribution lists. Write them, and have all your family members and friends write them. Have your friends in other states do the same.

    You can believe our adversaries on the other side are doing the same and in large numbers. We need to counter them accordingly.

    Get involved, stay involved.

  3. #3
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    As I have said before, all you people need to get involved because the radical left will come at you with this sad last episode, as an example. Alaska's political leaders will not blindside you but other states leaders will. Contact the lower 48 relatives and ask them to do the same thing. Alaska has very little of a voting block and these three know where their bread is buttered, but the rest of these idiots will go which way the wind is blowing. Mark my words!!!!!!
    It is not the Alaska elected officials you should be worried about but all these other carpet baggers
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    As I have said before, all you people need to get involved because the radical left will come at you with this sad last episode, as an example. Alaska's political leaders will not blindside you but other states leaders will.
    It is not the Alaska elected officials you should be worried about but all these other carpet baggers
    You are kidding right !! One or two more "Bridges to Nowhere" and Congress has free rein and your votes as well. In Washington it's a trade off situation and Alaskas reps would sign-off on an AWB for drilling in ANWAR in a second; With the current economy they coud well justify it.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

    On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Begin by contacting those who you are a constituent for. Job #1 for most all politicians is to get re-elected. You need to use this to your advantage. Contacting other Federal Senators and Representatives is more difficult because their email system blocks messages from non-constituents. Encourage others to do the same and to join the NRA and/or the GOA. The left is organized on this - we can't afford to lose this one.

  6. #6
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    OK, so tell Begich to shut up and vote the non party line. Lisa will and Don is a shu--in but these people are not your opposites.
    The lower48 people are. Better get on the phone cause this door is closing pretty quick. Mark my words. I ran for anchorage assembly 25 years ago when they wanted to shut the bars down . I was out there telling people that they should get their asses out there to vote. All agreed but did not vote. The bar hours went from 4 am to 2 am, I told those folks then, I'm telling you now... get your butts out there and have relatives put in their namesake in or you will be in the minority and the loser of this emotional debate . I'm sorry but this will happen unless you get involved!!!!!

    It is going to happen.... trust me Fieignsteen will make the most of this to push her agenda through.... She will take advantage of the recently past tragedy to make this happen. All the while having a CCU for California to protect herself. I'm sorry but that ***** neeeds to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Good for the goose but not for the gander? I think so!!!
    Last edited by thewhop2000; 12-30-2012 at 20:19. Reason: cause I can, that's why
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

  7. #7
    Member Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,334

    Default

    Perhaps reality will set in when the ones that voted for the gun grabbers can't get a "T"time on their favorite golf course because all of us shooters that gave up our guns had to find alternative hobbies?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

  8. #8
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knikglacier View Post
    Well, Obama has officially stated it this morning, (12-30-12) on Meet the Press. Legislation will be written and significant changes will be attempted. For those who didn't see the interview, I have provided a link to what he said and other implications.
    We cannot grow weary or complacent, this is not going away anytime soon.........

    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...asures-in-2013
    "After my election, I have more flexibility."
    I do not believe he ever meant to leave guns alone, just waiting for the right situation, and boy does he have it! "Never let a crisis go to waste."

  9. #9
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Perhaps reality will set in when the ones that voted for the gun grabbers can't get a "T"time on their favorite golf course because all of us shooters that gave up our guns had to find alternative hobbies?
    You probably won't be able to play on their courses.
    Hmm... I wonder if you could make explosive golf balls and aim at targets rather than holes...

  10. #10
    Member thewhop2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    It's coming boys, whether you believe it or not... Feinstein will get this through....Keep telling yourselves it won't but it will!!!!!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Off the road system,AK
    Posts
    372

    Default

    What is the earliest timetable we are looking at for drastic change? A week? Month? Are we looking at a bill and it's usual path through both houses or are we looking at executive order and effective immediately?

    Mountaintrekker

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Ak
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    If you haven't bought an AR for the revolution hour probably to late...

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    "After my election, I have more flexibility."
    I do not believe he ever meant to leave guns alone, just waiting for the right situation, and boy does he have it! "Never let a crisis go to waste."
    When Sarah Brady asked him why he wasn't doing more about gun control, he told her they were working "under the radar". As senator he voted in favor of a ban on all gun stores within 5 miles of any school. Also voted for legislation to allow frivolous lawsuits against firearms manufacturers in order to bankrupt them.

  14. #14
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    It's coming boys, whether you believe it or not... Feinstein will get this through....Keep telling yourselves it won't but it will!!!!!!!!
    I don't believe she will get all of what she wants, but she, Obama, Biden and Bloomberg and the ilk will get a lot. She is grabbing for the brass ring... aiming high, so that when gun owners get to keep something, they'll feel like they've somehow won a victory against the iron maiden. Then the grabbers will rally for the next round, ghoulishly waiting for another tragedy to get their agenda driven through all the way. That is who they are, and that is how they roll. It has never been about the killings; it has always been about controlling the population. You cannot reasonably control a well armed population. Progressives will not be happy until they have made America just another socialist country. ObamaCare was only the first big step.

  15. #15
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Progressives will not be happy until they have made America just another socialist country. ObamaCare was only the first big step.
    ah-oh.....You've said a mouthful there. Look out.......here they come, ready to pounce any minute now........lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I don't believe she will get all of what she wants, but she, Obama, Biden and Bloomberg and the ilk will get a lot. She is grabbing for the brass ring... aiming high, so that when gun owners get to keep something, they'll feel like they've somehow won a victory against the iron maiden. Then the grabbers will rally for the next round, ghoulishly waiting for another tragedy to get their agenda driven through all the way. That is who they are, and that is how they roll. It has never been about the killings; it has always been about controlling the population. You cannot reasonably control a well armed population. Progressives will not be happy until they have made America just another socialist country. ObamaCare was only the first big step.
    Very well said. It is utterly foolish to believe that they will stop at simply restricting high capacity magazines, or "assault rifles". Or only raising taxes on "millionaires and billionaires".

  17. #17
    Member sayak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central peninsula, between the K-rivers
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOMCOD View Post
    Very well said. It is utterly foolish to believe that they will stop at simply restricting high capacity magazines, or "assault rifles". Or only raising taxes on "millionaires and billionaires".
    Actually, I believe we are in the third stage: the first was the "New Deal", in which make work programs, safety nets, messing with the monetary system etc. was instituted through layers and layers of new government bureaucracy (which almost destroyed the nation, but WWII came along to resurge industry); next was the "Great Society" in which the government tried to address every real and perceived social inequity and end poverty through yet more departments and agencies (which Reagan slowed down); Bill and Hill tried to be the next wave but largely failed; now we have this wave which adds more layers of bureaucracy and increased government dependency- bread and circuses if you will- and it needs more control over people to be fully instituted. Tax them, penalize them, take dangerous weapons from them... this stage (I don't know what to call it) may be the final before socialism takes full effect, because not that many people truly remember what true American freedom was like. They only know control and dependence. Tragic really.
    Some argue that Teddy Roosevelt and Wilson were the "founders" of socialism in America.

  18. #18
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOMCOD View Post
    Very well said. It is utterly foolish to believe that they will stop at simply restricting high capacity magazines, or "assault rifles". Or only raising taxes on "millionaires and billionaires".
    They flat out say so, I don't see how anyone doesn't get it when they flat out say they want them all!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=blXkl9YVoHo
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

  19. #19
    Member michael wascom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    They flat out say so, I don't see how anyone doesn't get it when they flat out say they want them all!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=blXkl9YVoHo

    And the pot calls the kettle black!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bm9IGb6hTs

  20. #20
    Moderator stid2677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks Area
    Posts
    7,274

    Default

    Well here is the first round.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50350330.../#.UOXVt7atVJU

    Bloomberg meets with Gabrielle Giffords on gun control, they will start parading her around just like they used Brady last time as an example to prove their point.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •