Thread: McMillan stock for a Ruger

Default McMillan stock for a Ruger

Looking to replace the wood stock on my old M77 Mark II in 300 win mag. Checking to see if anyone has experience using the McMillan stock on this rifle.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Well worth the price and wait. They are excellent in every way. They will custom fit it for you too, if you send them your rifle.
    Afflicted by condition human

I think I have 9 McMillan stocks presently, but no MKII in my safe. I've a McMillan "R" style stock on a tang safety 77 and will likely order another tomorrow, before the price goes up on 01/01/13. The MK II is a fairly close duplicate of the factory stock, so if you like the original you'll like the McMillan replica. If it were me, I really like the Sako Hunter style stock and they inlet that stock for the MK II. Shooting offhand it's tough to beat and I think its design reduces felt recoil. Regardless of the style you choose, McMillan stocks are excellent products--you're making a wise choice IMO.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    I really like the Sako Hunter style stock and they inlet that stock for the MK II. Shooting offhand it's tough to beat and I think its design reduces felt recoil. Regardless of the style you choose, McMillan stocks are excellent products--you're making a wise choice IMO.

I have this stock in the lighter Edge model, I like it a lot.