Thread: Marlin 1895 are worst then AR's

Default Marlin 1895 are worst then AR's

I picked up a 1895 this summer for a good price that was stock except it had ghost ring sights and a rail on top of the receiver. I picked up some brass for it and some speer 400 Hotcores. After shooting a half box of shells though it I decided that I needed a new but pad (the old rubber tire had to go) and it needed some trigger work. I went to wild west and Jim West was the only one working and talked me into getting it chambered into a 457 WW also (i'm a sucker for something a little different). He gave me a good price so I said, "what the heck" they did the butt pad, trigger, and rechambered it. When I went to pick up the gun I was snooping around and had to get a set of their sights. They where a great addition and I really like them. Then I got to thinking a 2.5 scout scope would be great on it also. So I ordered a scout scope and pick up some Warne QR rings. I was out hunting this early winter with it and noticed that the small lever loop didn't work that well even with small gloves on. So I was back to get a big loop lever installed. I was happy with the work and it shoots great. I could never tell the wife how much I have in the rifle, but sure it fun to shoot. I guess all I need now is a few lights to hang off of it and a laser and I can run around with a tac vest and shoot faster then I can aim.

Quote Originally Posted by swapdonkey View Post
    I picked up a 1895 this summer for a good price that was stock except it had ghost ring sights and a rail on top of the receiver. I picked up some brass for it and some speer 400 Hotcores. After shooting a half box of shells though it I decided that I needed a new but pad (the old rubber tire had to go) and it needed some trigger work. I went to wild west and Jim West was the only one working and talked me into getting it chambered into a 457 WW also (i'm a sucker for something a little different). He gave me a good price so I said, "what the heck" they did the butt pad, trigger, and rechambered it. When I went to pick up the gun I was snooping around and had to get a set of their sights. They where a great addition and I really like them. Then I got to thinking a 2.5 scout scope would be great on it also. So I ordered a scout scope and pick up some Warne QR rings. I was out hunting this early winter with it and noticed that the small lever loop didn't work that well even with small gloves on. So I was back to get a big loop lever installed. I was happy with the work and it shoots great. I could never tell the wife how much I have in the rifle, but sure it fun to shoot. I guess all I need now is a few lights to hang off of it and a laser and I can run around with a tac vest and shoot faster then I can aim.
    Yeah, maybe. But you sound sane, so I don't fear you. I'd go easy on the firing while running thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by swapdonkey View Post
    Dang, next thing you know you'll be buying a new smoker, sausage stuffer and vacuum sealer. You're likely to need them with that rig!

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

With all those modifications it sounds like you now have one of those "A salt" weapons they are going after. Better watch out, any aftermarket modifications will be considered unlawful under the 2013ASW ban....

Seriously though, that thing sounds great, but where's the pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I'd go easy on the firing while running thing though.
    Much better to run with scissors. Only your Mom oppressed that tendency, not the Federal government.