Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Birth of a Bayweld

Default Birth of a Bayweld

I thought that I might bring some entertainment to this form to help survive the next few winter months. I live on the Kenai Peninsula and fish mostly Cook Inlet. I am upgrading to a Bayweld 27' x 9'6" and thought that some you may enjoy some build pictures for the next several months. I am not sure of this picture posting thing so will not put much into this post until I see how it goes. Hook
    Bay Weld Build 1106.JPGBay Weld Build 1107.JPG

Bay Weld Build 1108.JPGBay Weld Build 1109 (2).JPGI don't seem to be able to put more then 2 pictures on a post. Hook

Congrats!!! Post lots of pics. I love seeing boats get built! What's your cabin configuration going to be?
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

I've always wanted to watch a Bayweld boat being built. Beautiful boats. You are a lucky guy.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

IMG_1403.jpgIMG_1404.jpg More to look at. Hook

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

lucky man!
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

IMG_1405.jpgIMG_1406.jpgThats me on the steps looking it over. Hook

IMG_1407.jpgIMG_1408.jpgThey cut a HOLE in my boat???? Oh I forgot, its the bow thurster Hook

PC280042.jpgPC280043.jpgStarting under deck pictures. Hook

PC280044.jpgPC280045.jpgAll this beautiful work will be covered, never to be seen again. Hook

PC280049.jpgPC280050.jpgLast two for now, More coming later. Hook

I was the lucky driver of a new Bayweld seine skiff (dad had one built while I was still fishing for him), with a 6BT Cummins and 12" ultrajet. That thing is a dream.

While that particular package won't be in the sport boats, the craftsmanship and attention to detail of bayweld's work is awesome! Props to Eric and everyone in that shop for the work they're doing! I know you're gonna love your baby when she's done

It will have a walk thru cabin into the bow which will have a beach landing door with steps. All self bailing decks, dual helms, head, Espar D-4, Lewmar anchor puller, bow thruster, back deck side door, forward slope windows, 300hp 4-stroke, 20hp kicker, pot puller and about 3 pages of other stuff. Yaa, I'am stoked. Nore pictures to come.

Hook

Quote Originally Posted by akshootnscoot View Post
    I was the lucky driver of a new Bayweld seine skiff (dad had one built while I was still fishing for him), with a 6BT Cummins and 12" ultrajet. That thing is a dream.

While that particular package won't be in the sport boats, the craftsmanship and attention to detail of bayweld's work is awesome! Props to Eric and everyone in that shop for the work they're doing! I know you're gonna love your baby when she's done
    Bayweld is great working with, I saw their quality, thats why they are building mine. I like being able to witness the build as its progressing. Hook

I'm often there for work and we have a few Baywelds in our yard for storage; it's all I can do to not drool when I'm at their shop or scoping out the boats
    took my wife there the other day to experience it, she didn't seem to grasp it all well, especially when she inquired "how much???"
    a 27' is just about perfect!
    congratulations and look forward to more pics!

Congrats and keep the photos coming. I'd love to have a one of these heavy aluminum boats and Bayweld is certainly high on my list. Anyway congrats on the new boat and keep the pics and details coming.

Very nice, what a great choice, I have always admired the Baywelds, they sure look like they put a lot into the structure.
    Thanks for sharing the pics, keep em coming....!
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Going to be a sweet ride, keep the pictures coming.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast