Thread: Anyone familiar with Salmon Falls near Ketchikan?

Default Anyone familiar with Salmon Falls near Ketchikan?

Happy new year,
    My wife and I hope to be in Ketchikan for a couple of days next July or August and are looking for some place to fish from shore. Our budget will not permit a charter but we really want to do some fishing if possible. I had read on a travel forum about fishing at Salmon Falls, which I believe is north of Ketchikan. If anyone can provide us with any information about this area it would be greatly appreciated.

Both my wife and I are experienced fishermen and have fished for salmon before so I believe we will know what to do once we can find an area. We prefer to catch salmon but don't care which species. Pinks and chums are great with us since we don't keep any fish. Just catch and release.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes time to reply.

CharlieM

Yes, Not a good place to fish for anything from shore! Any fishing done around that area you will need to dust off your wallet book with a good charter and have the time of you life! You could rent a boat from Clover Pass or Knudson Cove ask what is going on they will help you out! If you want to hit one of the steams you can get taken to the Naha River it is a nice place. After the cost of getting to a nice place like that don't try to save money and have a bad time. Whats another $500 if it makes the wife happy! You know what they say "If momma aint happy nobodys happy" wish you the best of luck, and good fishing! Any other questions PM me.

Ditto MGH55.

If you can, rent a skiff from Knudson Cove or Clover Pass but if that is not an option, I would head south to Mountain Point and fish off the rocks just north of the boat launch.

Thanks for the advice

Charlie

What about Ward Creek ? Maybe that's an option for CharlieM ? I've seen some fish up there.

Charlie tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full. Maybe delete some older messages.

Quote Originally Posted by mapman5 View Post
    Charlie tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full. Maybe delete some older messages.
    mapman5,
    I cleaned out the old messages. Try me again.

Thanks