Thread: Anyone on the KP a hunters ed instructor?

Default Anyone on the KP a hunters ed instructor?

I am looking for someone in the Kenai Soldotna area that is an instructor for the hunters ed course. I need to get it done as soon as I can. I can get into a class in Anchorage in February but really don't want to drive up there for only a few hours. I have done the online part and only need the field portion. I don't know how much the field course costs but I would be willing to pay 200$ to do it cuz that's what it would cost to go to Anchorage. I work week on and week off so my schedule is pretty flexible when I am home.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I had to take it again as well back in 97' in order to get a CO. license....(they didn't have records of when I took it back in the 60s....imagine that)....lol

I just tried to do a search on the Clarion website for the older guy that has done a lot of hunting editorials/articles over the years. I think his name is "Les", but not sure. Anyway, he was one of the instructors on the day in the field when I took it. He might be able to help you out. Maybe call the Clarion and ask about him? Have you contacted F&G? I would think they know the instructors down here. Maybe talk to Larry Selinger?

Good Luck.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I believe sayak is.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Default Re: Anyone on the KP a hunters ed instructor?

Yeah I am going to Missouri in March and I am required to have it...

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    I am looking for someone in the Kenai Soldotna area that is an instructor for the hunters ed course. ...I don't know how much the field course costs but I would be willing to pay 200$ to do it cuz that's what it would cost to go to Anchorage
    Good job pursuing your AK hunter ed, but that 200 offer won't get you anywhere.

F&G can't accept the tip/payment, and neither can the instructor without losing his/her certification. Neither can a local HE instructor just put you thru that field day as a favor; they are only allowed to teach in courses that are advertised to all.

A call to the HE department of Anchorage F&G will be your best bet. They respond as best they can to requests like this, and if they can put a publicly announced class near you in your timeframe, they will.

Whoops, missed a bet. logman is right too. It isn't uncommon for a new publicized HE course to come about because a HE instructor decided to add another to their schedule. Good call logman.

There is a fellow in Seward, if you want his contact info let me know.

Default Re: Anyone on the KP a hunters ed instructor?

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Good job pursuing your AK hunter ed, but that 200 offer won't get you anywhere.

F&G can't accept the tip/payment, and neither can the instructor without losing his/her certification. Neither can a local HE instructor just put you thru that field day as a favor; they are only allowed to teach in courses that are advertised to all.

A call to the HE department of Anchorage F&G will be your best bet. They respond as best they can to requests like this, and if they can put a publicly announced class near you in your timeframe, they will..

I didn't know they were not able to do a class that was not offered.
    I have hunted my whole life and hunted all over the US I average over 100 days in the field a year and I am a registered guide but I have never needed a hunters safety card till now. So it seems more of a nusence to me to have to get it but who knows maybe I'll learn something. I guess I will just do the class in Anchorage in February. Thanks for the help

I didn't know they were not able to do a class that was not offered.
    I have hunted my whole life and hunted all over the US I average over 100 days in the field a year and I am a registered guide but I have never needed a hunters safety card till now. So it seems more of a nusence to me to have to get it but who knows maybe I'll learn something. I guess I will just do the class in Anchorage in February. Thanks for the help
    If you're interested in helping kids, let your HE instructor know of your experience and offer to help the young'ns on the range; most instructors will appreciate another set of experienced eyes on the spot. And who knows? Maybe you'll be the next new KP instructor.

I am looking for someone in the Kenai Soldotna area that is an instructor for the hunters ed course. I need to get it done as soon as I can. I can get into a class in Anchorage in February but really don't want to drive up there for only a few hours. I have done the online part and only need the field portion. I don't know how much the field course costs but I would be willing to pay 200$ to do it cuz that's what it would cost to go to Anchorage. I work week on and week off so my schedule is pretty flexible when I am home.

Dam, you just missed a small class out at Snowshoe on the 21st (it was -22!). I am an instructor, and I and lead guy, Steve Mayer, had 5 students do the field day. The next official day on the calendar is April 13, Saturday, 8am-5pm. Sorry! Had I known a week ago, we could have done it. Perhaps if enough people chime in, we can do another.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Perhaps if enough people chime in, we can do another.
    That's what I have always heard.....that maybe if he gets a few kids together that need to do it as well, then they may put on another field day...??? Too bad he just missed the recent one.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Default excellent plan

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    That's what I have always heard.....that maybe if he gets a few kids together that need to do it as well, then they may put on another field day...??? Too bad he just missed the recent one.
    That would be a great plan to follow - I know logman pointed that out too.