I just could not take it anymore not having my 8mm Rem Mag up and running so I decided to do some work and if I messed it up my gunsmith was going to get the chance to straighten it out.
First: I did a little more sanding work on my full stock bedding I attempted with my wood stock. I was able to get everything really snug.
Second: I did a little more lapping of the muzzle bore area trying not to destroy the crown and final muzzle area as I remove a good deal of the rust pits.
Third: I decided to change scopes using a Redfield with Accu-Trac and also used Talley one piece rings.
Fourth: Since I am only hunting hogs and deer right now I decided to use IMR4350 instead of IMR7828 and Rem 9 1/2M primers, behind a 220gr SBT so I could lower my velocities to 2800fps or a little above matching to a "T" the Accu-Trac on a 4-12x40mm Redfield still giving me 3945ft pounds of energy at muzzle and 2033ft pounds at 500yds, with a 2.1 inch high sight-in at 100yds and as I said matching the Accu-Trac marks on my scope.
First group 1.073"
Second group 0.973"
Up And Running (not a target rifle but good enough for hunting)