Thread: building a cabin in Kodiak

Default building a cabin in Kodiak

Looking for any info i can get. Going to be building a cabin close to Larsan Bay and trying to find the best way to get materials and supplys over there. Going to try and start this spring.

Thanks for any help.

Are you talking about Larsen Bay out West or Anton Larson Bay which is just NW of the city of Kodiak?

Check with Tony who has the Lazy Bay landing barge. They make regular trips around the Is. and will land right on your beach.

If you are shipping from Seattle Try Northland Services. They have container barge service to the cannery in Larson Bay. You could probably get a whole cabin in a 20' van. and save some $$ over Anc. prices and better wood.

Dunn Lumber and Marine Lumber Supply are good supplies also good is Westside building Supply in Lynden Wa. They will all deliver to Northland
    and even with frieght you will probably beat Anchorage or Kodiak prices with better material. Jusy 2c worth from experience.

Here is how I did one of mine. Barrowed a fishing boat to haul from the cannery dock.
    A set of swede hooks will make handling the beams and piling a LOT easier
    Attached Images Attached Images

Laren Bay out west. Anonymous, did the cannery charge you to off load and load you? Thanks for the info. How long ago did you build your place?

It was 12 years ago. My place is near a different cannery. Here is who you will need to talk to. http://www.icicleseafoods.com/locations/lsb/