Thread: FFL Firearms Dealers.........."What are suppliers, distributors Saying".....????

Default FFL Firearms Dealers.........."What are suppliers, distributors Saying".....????

If I assume that "Most" Retail FFL shops are out of, or nearly out of "So CALLED" assault type product. What are the distributors, and manufactures saying about resupply..........???? Time-line.....????? Costs.......????

I have been trying to get my hands on a few Barnes Precision AR-15's here lately. One or two tactical, one target/sniper set up. These guns are higher end and have a great reputation here in NC as they are locally made in Apex (Raleigh),NC. I had sent them an email over the weekend and today Andrew Barnes (Owner) calls me and chats for about 15 minutes. In this frenzied market, political climate, etc.. I was pretty surprised by it. Aside from making his own AR-15's, he also machines and supplies parts to a half dozen popular AR manufacturers.

He told me not to freak out like all the sheep and assured me he would be making and selling guns after all the dust settles. He said he has doubled his production to make about 500 rifles a month, but that was all he could do. The issue is not with machined parts, as he states, "they are stacked to the ceiling". What they are waiting on is Magpul to supply them with the furniture. For this reason, new orders made today will have about a 2-3 month waiting time. Possibly 1-2 months if Magpul is in a position to get him what he ordered, but he was uncertain if Magpul would be able to do it as they are in great demand from many gun makers. He told me his gun prices are the same now as they were 3 months ago.

Said he has seen this kind of thing before and it will pass. He said he will be able to sell me his guns in the future, but was uncertain if they would ship with 10 round or 30 round mags. His advice was not to let some gun shop rip me off selling guns with a huge mark up. He spoke of how many millions of dollars in revenue these anti gun states get from AR related sales. Connecticut alone brings in 80 million a year. He spoke of how many democrats lost their seats in house and congress after the last assault weapon ban. He said the recent record setting guns sales, 8,000 new NRA members a day, etc.. is the kind of info these now seated politicians will be looking at. Essentially, a gun ban will be career suicide for many if pursued.

For all practical purposes, he told me a gun ban is not going to happen. I have been in at least a dozen guns stores in the last two weeks and heard the opposite. I can't find an AR other than a few price gouged cheapo models. Can't find ANY ammo in stores, or online. Can't find brass for reloading. This is crazy stuff I tell you. After my conversation (and him sending 3 guns to my local gun store today for me to pick up), I am going to buy a target style AR from him as well. My buddy and I got 6 Brown Precision patrol rifle AR-15's coming our way and plan on buying a Marksman model (target/sniper) each as well. This guy is deserving of our business.

Now the only question is where the hell the ammo will come from. ha ha...

-Dan

http://www.barnesprecision.com/

I have been saying for 20 years that they will NEVER "EVER" control Firearms, But they could control Ammo. Dan, I started about five months ago replacing all my uppers with Noveske uppers, I still have two to go. Sadly Noveske has NO idea of what delivery dates will be, but most likely late next year.

Guns will be available when they are available. Anything semi auto is allocated and will be available when they are available. Make sure you patronize a dealer that isnt gonna gouge you.

Hey Dan, thanks for the info. Lots of money going around this country from AR/AK sales. Might send us in to a depression if all those outfits are out of biz!
    So I tried counting up how many guns you and your buddy are buying from your post above...........looks like 11. I think that qualifies as an arsenal..........Haha!!
    Seriously, why so many?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Guns will be available when they are available. Anything semi auto is allocated and will be available when they are available. Make sure you patronize a dealer that isnt gonna gouge you.
    Now there is a news flash LOL. they will be available when they are available? that can be said about anything and means noting at all. I will say this however and that is about as accurate as one can get. Who really knows?

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Now there is a news flash LOL. they will be available when they are available? that can be said about anything and means noting at all. I will say this however and that is about as accurate as one can get. Who really knows?
    The truth is the truth. Guns will trickle down to the retail level slowly but surely. We are just running a list, firts come, first serve

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Hey Dan, ....

Seriously, why so many?

I am buying two patrol rifles, picking one up in the morning. Four of my buddies and I have an all day class with a special forces trainer from Fort Bragg Saturday. My buddy is buying two for himself and two for his dad. My buddy and I are getting the Barnes Precision "Marksman" as well, ordered, and will get in 2 months or so. I am setting up two tactical ARs, one for home, one for the car. Likely a Eotech on one and a Burris AR 1-5 on the other. The marksman will have some nice glass on it and a Harris bipod. Target/sniper type of set up. "We" are buying a lot of guns, but I am only buying three (or so). I have been researching these guns quite a bit. Barnes Precision is a very nice looking AR. Far from some of the other models I had been looking at. Would be nice to have one to give my son in 10-15 years. Always nice to have an extra or two laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post

Always nice to have an extra or two laying around.

That sums things up very nicely............

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Always nice to have an extra or two laying around.
    Sounds like a perfect plan to me.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Good answer Dan. I definitely like having an extra or 2 around myself.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!