Thread: Which Would You Sell?

Default Which Would You Sell?

If you had a choice, which would you sell?

Colt 6920 or
    M1A with GI parts (older one)

Im trying to decide. My one bud says Colt, my other bud says M1A, SWMBO says both (fat chance)

That's easy... the Colt will never have the class of an M1A.

ever.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Probably wouldn't sell either one until I had something in mind for the money. Gun sale buxx have a way of frittering away if you don't put it back into guns quick.

I kick myself in the a55 for selling my M1- hang on to it!

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    that's easy... The colt will never have the class of an m1a.

Ever.
    ditto.............

This is my logic:

I hardly get to shoot anymore and when I do, its usually pistols. If I shoot rifle, I should concentrate on the 15K worth of Blaser I have. Thus neither the M1A nor the 6920 are getting shot more than once a year, and are primarily SHTF rifles.

Bottom line, which one is better to keep for a fat old guy?..Im leaning towards the 6920 simply cuz it is lighter and easier to carry...but on the other hand, a 6920 is a 6920, this M1A is cherry and far better than the ones being made now.......

Sell the M1 it's a boat anchor anyway ! LOL... The Colt is faster, lighter, and so is the same volume of ammo. If the M1-A is in good shape with quality parts it'll bring a premium and you can use the bucks for another project or two.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

How many children do you have or plan on having in the future?

I got to looking at splitting up my gun safe many many years from now among the kids and am thinking I need some more evil black rifles, and more Garands. I am thinking my kids are going to have a time getting them retail, but I want them to each have something.

OTOH if you have a credit card balance to pay off I suspect the price of the Colt is going to keep going up for a while and the Garand might be worth quite a bit too.

Keep the M1A and a financial investment and the colt as an investment in freedom...

Not sure that the SHTF is not here or at lest just around the corner: But if you just have to get rid of one I vote for the colt to me, LOL Del
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    This is my logic:

I hardly get to shoot anymore and when I do, its usually pistols. If I shoot rifle, I should concentrate on the 15K worth of Blaser I have. Thus neither the M1A nor the 6920 are getting shot more than once a year, and are primarily SHTF rifles.

Bottom line, which one is better to keep for a fat old guy?..Im leaning towards the 6920 simply cuz it is lighter and easier to carry...but on the other hand, a 6920 is a 6920, this M1A is cherry and far better than the ones being made now.......

I would sell the Colt now and get a high price for it while I could. Keep the M1-A because you will never replace it for what you have into it. That probably can't be said for the Colt. Prices may drop or at least become more sane in the not too distant future. Plus, 308 wins over 223 any day of the week.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."