Thread: Who has a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX Pro?

Default Who has a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX Pro?

Wanting to see if anyone is wearing the Lowa Tibet GTX Pro boots and like them or not? I just ordered them for $263 from shoebuy.com shipped. Any thought would help?

There's several reviews in the gear forum on this very boot.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Okay, I will look them up. Thanks

Bought some for the old man. He is not a hiker. Broke them in and the folks did the chilkoot trail. He's hooked on hiking now. I prefer the taller Hunter but the Tibet is a good boot.

I have about wore a pair out, just bought my Son a pair last year for our sheep hunt. I really like them and have had no issues with them. I have been using the same pair for 4 years.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I am wearing a pair at this very moment. They are the most comfortable leather boots that I've ever owned. I wear them at work, and any time I am out and about town.

With that said, I bought them for sheep hunting. I used them one hunt, then went and bought plastics. For serious sheep hunting, in my humble opinion, plastics are the only way to go.

Probably not much sheep hunting going on in Missouri, so I am gonna venture a guess that they will be well suited for you. I use the green Superfeet insoles, its a match made in leather boot heaven.

I've hunted and hiked hard in mine for 4 years....probably another year and they'll be done. I'll buy another set immediately- easily the best boots I've ever owned.

Be aware that they take about 50miles to really break in and even then don't expect a lot of give. If they don't fit pretty well out of the box they probably never will.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Thanks for the input on the boots. Shoebuy.com has 25% off with the code joy25 on all boots, plus free shipping and no tax. So I saved over $80. These are replacing a pair of Irish Setter Mountain Claw boots that failed this year when I was bowhunting. The rubber and leather in the toebox separated (plus the gor-tex stoped there too); so water got in my boots. I plan to use these boots a lot when I return to Alaska next spring to hike some and hope to do some hunting too with my bow. Alaska gets in your blood for sure.

J in AK,
    yes we only have the Ozark Mountains here and are hills at best. As a nonresident hunting sheep is not an $option$ at this time for me. Trying to work on the wife though to make the move north as we both have been offered full time jobs up there.

I'm on my 2nd pair and I love them. The only thing I don't like about Lowa is that they do not make the Extreme Hunter in a 15. I wear my tibets every day!

Quote Originally Posted by cusackla View Post
    The only thing I don't like about Lowa is that they do not make the Extreme Hunter in a 15.
    My god, Bigfoot. Ever been stalked?? Lol
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I would have a pair of Tibet's if I didn't go with Hanwag's instead.

I had good experiences with my Tibets as well wearing them pretty much every day from March to November. Mine made it through 3 seasons of wildland fire in AK which is a pretty rough on boots to say the least. I have recently picked up a pair of the Lowa Mega Camps on a similar shoebuy.com sale and am very pleased. I don't get a lot out of GTX since my feet sweat a lot and the leather lined Lowa boots are even more comfortable than their regular GTX ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    My god, Bigfoot. Ever been stalked?? Lol
    Lot's of times! My brother wore a 16EEEE. He was always chasing me around.........lol!

Just got my boots dropped off from the UPS truck. Good day to go hiking and break them in. They fit like a glove. As a shoe cobblers son I would give them a +1 for quality and also they can be resoled which I like too!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357687455.450100.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357687478.316318.jpg
    The boots were great. Hiked around shaver lake in California. Hope the pictures upload. Thanks