Thread: fur buyers?

Default fur buyers?

hello,
    i am in anchorage and have never sold fur before. i have alot i need to get sold.. what would be the best way to get the best price? does anyone know of local fur buyers in anchorage or close by? if i cant find a local fur buyer i will it looks like my only other option is nafa. i have never done this so im looking for advise and guidence in what would be the most efficent way to sell my hides. anything helps, thanks!
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Joe i have never sold to John... but i did buy a bunch of traps from him, and he was straight with me.. he also has a good repuatation.. and been at it a long time.. others may have more names.. but hes the only one i know at the moment..
    www.alaskafurcache.com John and Kathy.. they are on Omalley rd.. my recomendation is also find someone WHO has done it, and knows honest values of different grades of fur... to tag along and make sure things are done straight.. with WHOMEVER you sell too..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Supporting Member

Fur buyer, Bill Wivoda, of Arctic Raw Fur Company in Fairbanks, will be in Anchorage on January 12th at Knight's Taxidermy. Bill will give you an honest offer and if you decide not to take it, he won't be offended.

Supporting Member

Another option is to contact the South Central Chapter of the ATA and get your fur in the Fur Rondy Fur Auction. You get to set the reserve price on your furs and if they don't sell, you get them back. You do have to pay a commission to the SCCATA, but it is worth every penny. Everything but marten seem to do very well at the Rondy auctions.

Joe your PMs are full!

my bad try again i just emptied them out..
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)