Thread: Ice fishing kodiak

Default Ice fishing kodiak

Well I have ice fished Kodiak for two winters now with not much success. I have put most my time into the lakes in the flats. I have used lures, shrimp, eggs, night crawlers, imitation maggots. From the few folks that i know that actually ice fish say its slow. Anybody got some thought on a lake or rig that produces. I heard Heitman lake produces but what a hike just to go find out. Is buskin lake any good for dollys this time of year.

I fished Abercrombie about a week ago, caught quite a few small rainbow, ice was good on the end nearest the parking lot, other side looked pretty sketchy. I also fished lilly lake in town, was out for about an hour and a half, the wind drove me off with no fish to show and one bite. Rumor has it that there are some big rainbow runnin around.

I see folks on lilly lake but have never heard of much success. What were you using on abercrombie lake. The ice on Jacks and Lee lake are good foot just watch out for the drainage areas.

I just used some corn on a glow hook, the trout in montana eat so i thought those ones might as well. I talked with the fish and game and the buskin lake has only dollies that are very dormant under the ice. They talked about one of the lakes near belles flats having produced a 9 or 11 lbs rainbow. When I get back, im gonna put a little more time in on lilly lake, pretty nice with a coffe shop right there!