Thread: Beginning Retriever Training Class soon

Default Beginning Retriever Training Class soon

http://alaskaworkingretrieverclub.com/

The two akc retriever clubs in Anchorage are beginning their combined beginning retriever class in Feb in Anchorage. This will be held in a indoor facility for the most part and will cover all aspects of getting your pup or untrained dog up to speed and becoming a reliable hunting partner for you this next fall. There is a small fee to cover rental of the facility. Primary instructor will be Baron Rae of Wetlands Retrievers, a professional trainer. You will get lots of specific hands on help with your dog, have fun, and end up with a much better dog for your efforts. Class will run every saturday for 10 weeks. Dogs will be introduced to ducks and water training as they advance into spring. They will also be having upper level training groups if interested in more advanced concepts. Just click on the above link for more information.
    Wasilla

Thanks! I have a new pup and really hope to have her bringing me birds this fall.

I'm interested in attending
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Anything new on this?

Thank you for the inquiries. I just sent Baron a email asking for more information and will update this soon. I believe the cost for the 10 weeks, is $100, or $10/class. In the past they have had the first class free for new people to meet and greet and see if this is going to cover what they are looking for. It is held at a dog training facility off Post road that we rent for the 10 saturday morning sessions. I will post a contact person and number soon but in the past preregistration has not been necessary, just show up and you will be included in the class. More information to follow. Bud
    Wasilla

During 2013, AWRC will be attempting to work as close as possible with the other retriever clubs in
    Alaska to combine our efforts to provide opportunities for all retriever owners and trainers. We will be
    beginning our retriever training classes in February, and we will be holding these at the Alyeska Canine Trainers facility in Anchorage. This will provide a warm indoor venue for us to work with our animals. Baron Rae of Wetlands Retrievers will be participating as one of our instructors this year, so it should be very informative. Those interested in joining this class, which will run for 12 weeks, should sign up on our web site. The cost will be $100 for the entire set of classes. Alaska Working Retriever Club

click here: http://www.alaskaworkingretrieverclub.com/

open flyer here: http://alaskaworkingretrieverclub.co...lasses2013.pdf
    Wasilla

The sign up is not on the website yet. I was told it should be up in the next week or two; if not just send an email, contact info can be found on their website.

"Hey Bud. Yes... As far as planning goes. I do believe the class will start at one of Spernaks hangars, unless they change it on me. To this moment no one has told me no different. I will keep you informed.
    Those folks that are interested could contact Mike or Steve at those numbers listed on the flyer to sign up. Dont know if they have the website up for sign ups.
    Thanks for all your help getting the word out.
    Baron"

copy of email sent to me by pro trainer who is doing the class, more specifics will follow as we get closer to class time. Bud
    Wasilla

More information in the above posted "sticky" please read it if interested.

From what i've been told, the first day will be NO COST and will be explanation of what the class will be doing, maybe seperation into different training groups, and demonstration of what you can expect from your dog and some training techniques. Will be about 1 1/2 hrs lomg, bring a folding camp chair. Ask questions and decide if this is a good fit for you. Bud
    Wasilla