Thread: Peace to All and Merry Christmas

Default Peace to All and Merry Christmas

As most of us are aware, we've been engaging in some pretty heavy conversations over this past week or so. We've voiced our sorrow and rage at the horrendous killing of the children and others and we've all voiced our opinions on so many topics surrounding this tragedy.

In so doing most of us have ruffled someone else's feathers to one degree or another. I will speak for myself and would to publicly express sincere remorse for anything that I may have said that came across as a personal attack on ones character, beliefs or opinions. That is not my intent. I try to communicate my positions effectively and at times I strongly challenge others positions/opinions with the intent of engaging in civil discourse. Sometimes I fail and step on toes or cross a line not intended. For this I apologize. It is hard for me, and probably others to communicate effectively with merely type on a screen. Especially regarding these serious issues we've been dealing with. There is nothing that can replace an eye to eye meeting and face to face conversation. I think if that we were able to that here things may taken a different course over the past week. I will attempt to be more mindful of how I write what I am trying to say and hope we will all do the same.

At any rate. I'd like to sincerely wish you and yours Peace in your homes and communities this Christmas Season and throughout the coming year.

Perry in Fairbanks

ps, I hope this came across right
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Well said sir. My thanks to everyone participating and apologies to any I may have offended as well. We may debate vigorously, but that is much preferred to me than debating apathetically.

Such is the price of liberty.

Merry Christmas to all and Peace among Men.

Mike
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

As well, no offense meant here to anyone.

To all, A Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday, which ever applies

I know I always enjoy good debates, thats a great way to learn and we have had some great inputs!
    Merry Christmas to all for sure!
    May 2013 be a great year for everyone!!!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I would like to also say thank you to all of you who did participate in the discussion.. I am truey thankful for the input from both sides and found myself learning more then I could of ever imagined by simply reading the posts..

Merry Christmas to all of you and your families...

I donít at all regret anything I said. I carefully worded my responses and fretted over them greatly trying to state my view without offending anyone to the very best of my limited abilities. If I failed and anyone was offended please know that I didnít in any mean to offend you.

May the familys of those poor chidern have better days ahead of them!

Marry Christmas yawl!!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

MERRY CHRISTMAS !! may you all be blessed with the joys of the season and enjoy your family at this time .
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default I'm In, also, on this thread, and Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    In so doing most of us have ruffled someone else's feathers to one degree or another.,......
    I try to communicate my positions effectively and at times I strongly challenge others positions/opinions with the intent of engaging in civil discourse.

Good Thread Snyd,...
    "Me Too,"...to what all these guys are saying,
    trying my best, probably made a few mistakes in there, seriously appreciate the discussions tho

and, by the way,.. I do Appreciate the "Strongly Challenging positions" aspect of your approach,...it's worth it

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    We may debate vigorously, but that is much preferred to me than debating apathetically.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I would like to also say thank you to all of you who did participate in the discussion.. I am truly thankful for the input from both sides and found myself learning more then I could of ever imagined by simply reading the posts..
    Yeah, to all this, hopefully we'll eventually be stronger together through the Real Discussions going on

Merry Christmas to All You Guys, and Your Families, and Friends, too
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Snyd:

I for one appreciate you taking the time to post this. It has been a tense week on the forums but I think anything worth having is worth standing up for- and that goes for anything you value.

Merry Christmas to everyone and please take the time to tell and show those you care about that you love them! Time is precious so don't waste it.
    BEE

Nicely said Perry, wishing you and Barb a Merry Christmas, and everyone else here as well, hug your kids especially tight.

Merry Christmas to Christians everywhere and may we all have a peaceful 2013!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Hear about the First Responders killed today at a fire scene, gun man set it up they say and killed two wounded alteast two more. Rockchester area.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Merry Christmas everyone. May the season bring you and your families only the best.

This is my 9th Christmas overseas, '89, '90, '91, '93, '95, '04, '06, '09, '12. Being home with family for the holidays is in itself the most precious gift available, Cheerish the moments.

From Ralph in Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone. May the season bring you and your families only the best.

This is my 9th Christmas overseas, '89, '90, '91, '93, '95, '04, '06, '09, '12. Being home with family for the holidays is in itself the most precious gift available, Cheerish the moments.

From Ralph in Afghanistan
    Thank you for your great sacrifices Ralph, we owe much more than most know to those of you in harms way even in times of peace. A Merry Christmas to you good sir, come home safe!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona