Thread: Seasport fish hold

Default Seasport fish hold

I'm planning to connect the existing macerator (for the head which we never use) to the fish hold on a SeaSport Explorer 2400. Looks like I just have to run a hose to the fish hold and tee it off with a Y valve to the waste tank/macerator. Has anyone done this? Looks like I will have to drill out the forward drain hole in the fish hold..... At any rate, if anyone has already done this would be interested in any suggestions or tips.

Thanks
    Ruby at the end of a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by TriIron View Post
    I'm planning to connect the existing macerator (for the head which we never use) to the fish hold on a SeaSport Explorer 2400. Looks like I just have to run a hose to the fish hold and tee it off with a Y valve to the waste tank/macerator. Has anyone done this? Looks like I will have to drill out the forward drain hole in the fish hold..... At any rate, if anyone has already done this would be interested in any suggestions or tips.

Thanks
    Just make sure to seal any core material in the fish hold after you drill it out. You don't want moisture weeping around/under the fittings getting into the core and delaminating/rotting it. Its usually best to oversize the hole, fill with a fiberglass or epoxy putty, reglass over the putty, then drill the hole to the right size for the fitting.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Thanks Steve. I need to come out to your place sometime in the near future and pick up another couple of pots and line. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by TriIron View Post
    Thanks Steve. I need to come out to your place sometime in the near future and pick up another couple of pots and line. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.
    Just give me a call when your ready and same to you and the family.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I did exactly what you are talking about on my SS Pilothouse. Drilled the bulkhead out between fishold in inside compartment where the fresh water tank is. Instead of connecting to head macerator I installed a new macerator on inside bulkhead so pump is very close to the fish hold. Sounds like you might have a long run of suction line connecting to the head. I also drilled out thru hull fitting inside and connected a 3/8 hose with valve so I could plug the inlet in the fish hold and be able to pump any water that accumulates in the fresh water compartment. Very tight quarters to work in but what part of a boat doesn't have tight quarters. Steve has good suggestion on the glassing part to protect from water.

Rhorn-Thanks. Actually the length of additional suction line is only about 12" from the exisiting WW tank and since they are both at the same elevation I don't see it as a problem. I never use the WW macerator but I'm going to plumb it so it will still be operational- just adding a tee and two valves to switch from the WW to the fish hold and back. Got it all taken apart just need to drill the hole and make the plumbing connections.

Thanks