Thread: ADF&G Emergency Order Filleting of Kenai Kings

Exclamation ADF&G Emergency Order Filleting of Kenai Kings

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

I've got no problem with it.

this was this way last year and was not a problem. Still don't feel that it is a problem.

Why is it being done? Is it to make sure it's in the slot limit or something? Do people actually check? Just wondering...I don't fish the Kenai for kings!

I just find it interesting that this type of regulation is becoming more common. Kenai Kings and all Halibut.

I was considering installing a cutting table on my boat so I could fillet my fish out at sea and avoid the wait I have at the docks.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

You can fillet your halibut at sea...you just have to be able to put your fish back together if you get checked....that sounds kind of funny. What I mean is, you get four fillets off a halibut. Leave them as full sized fillets and there's no problem putting two white fillets and two dark fillets together and there's one fish. The problems arises if you were to cut those fillets into chunks. You just have to be able to easily determine the number of fish caught.

The king fillet EO is because of the slot limit, and fish are checked...sometimes. The F&G creel surveyors and state park folks are usually the ones checking fish and once in a while the wildlife protection Troopers are out there too.