Thread: Surviving an Alaskan winter completely off-grid in an RV...

Default Surviving an Alaskan winter completely off-grid in an RV...

Hey Folks,

Just letting everyone know I put up a recent post on how life has been going my first winter completely off-grid in my little Toyota motorhome. I'd love to know if anyone else out there is doing something similar (on the road, moving around). The link is below in my signature. I'd love to get feedback, comments, advice, or constructive criticism. Thanks everyone!

Timmy
    www.timmystoyota.blogspot.com
    skull3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by alaskacreeker View Post
    Hey Folks,

Just letting everyone know I put up a recent post on how life has been going my first winter completely off-grid in my little Toyota motorhome. I'd love to know if anyone else out there is doing something similar (on the road, moving around). The link is below in my signature. I'd love to get feedback, comments, advice, or constructive criticism. Thanks everyone!

Timmy
    www.timmystoyota.blogspot.com
    skull3.jpg
    That is cool, thanks for the great read. You are tough, I'll give you that. Its 15 below zero here in the Valley right this second.

You're not parked on a gravel road next to a bus are you?

You should get one of those little thermal type fans that generate their own electricity for the fan and it might save your 12volt power. They just sit on top of the stove.

I also thought of mentioning those fans. I have a 2 blade and 2 three blade models. Awesome little fans.

http://www.amazon.com/Caframo-Ecofan...words=heat+fan

Mod, Do you have all three on one stove tonight ? Cool up your way tonight. Stay warm !!

Luckily the blaze king has the fans on it. The shop stove has a 3 blade on it though. The other two fans are for hunting camp and the folks cabin. I'm tired of 40 below already and the two cold months aren't here yet!

You know what they say. Are we having fun yet??