Thread: Gun case?????

Default Gun case?????

I have a 2008 sportsman an am looking at mounting a gun Case. What brands and designs do you prefer and why.

Me too. I will watch your thread :-)

I just use a Kolpin hard plastic case with the generic mount they sell at sportsmans. Used this style for years and seems to work just fine for me.
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Personally I just prefer to use those simple little v' s that strap the gun on the front rack. The gun boots always seem to be in my way or hangin up on something and I have mounted them on the front, back. Forwards and backwards.

Like this?

Mod Úlan
    I hunt off a four wheeler a lot and have tried several different versions of the gun boot/ brackets and never found one that worked well for what I wanted. Like Bear said they were always in my way and they take a longtime to get your gun out. I use the y or v brackets with rubber straps mounted as far back on the front rack as i can get them. I keep my guns in a soft case and strap them down in the brackets and it holds great and protect my guns beautifully. I have rolled my wheeler twice with my gun in the rack and they stayed in and where protected by the rack and handlebars. Additionally, I can get to my gun in less than a minute and still have room for a bag or gear on my front rack. If I were just getting on and riding a trail from point a to b then I may consider a boot but for active, aggressive riding or the need for quick access, I prefer the simpler rubber coated finned y or v brackets. Best of luck on your drawing permits...

All good info GD. I have been using Kolpin boots forever on all my wheelers and sleds over the years so I have gotten used to them and can access the gun very quickly. I also know how to ride so I don't roll my rigs down mountains! Just pokin fun at ya I know some folks that prefer to have the gun on their front or back when riding as well. Everyone will have their own preference and it may take a few tries to figure out which one works best for each person.

Good luck to you as well. I need to call one of these days and catch up on stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    All good info GD. I have been using Kolpin boots forever on all my wheelers and sleds over the years so I have gotten used to them and can access the gun very quickly. I also know how to ride so I don't roll my rigs down mountains! Just pokin fun at ya I know some folks that prefer to have the gun on their front or back when riding as well. Everyone will have their own preference and it may take a few tries to figure out which one works best for each person.

Good luck to you as well. I need to call one of these days and catch up on stuff.
    Sorry mod miss read this post thought you started the thread and was asking the question my bad, sorry. Yeah I am still working on my hunt of. Lifetime post.