Thread: First snow!

Default First snow!

Well, my partner and I had one more river spot we wanted to hit hard and get out quick before weather put all the coons to sleep for winter so Sat we took 10DPs and 3 330's back about 3/4mile by 4 wheeler to a place where a small feeder emptied into a sizeable stream. We pulled a nice beaver out and that was it! Had a miss on another 330 as "Bucky Beaver"had a stick in his choppers I guess!
    So today I rode back to pull everthing and wouldn't ya know it the rains came! I tried to remake a couple yote'sets on the way in and what a muddy mess, Ugh! Then, as I took a breather the sky's cut loose with some huge snowflakes! I sat on a beavers dining table and just sucked in some of Gods beauty, much needed after the sorrow I have felt since the Friday school shooting.... RIP little ones...
    Here are a couple pics from my phone, they don't do it justice but it was all I had... I did bag a XXXL coon that weighed 28lbs!

\\
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

OK, ever want to know what time you bagged your quarry? Well, here is the 28lb coon getting tagged on a trail cam!!!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Here are a couple of sets I made on Sunday as ALL my canine sets had been mudballs for 4 days - so whats it do after I remake 12 sets yep RAIN and now supposed to freeze! Drats. I did make 7 hay sets which are pretty much weatherproof. Note the two turkey feathers in the pile!