Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Default Gun Control

Please take your coments about gun control to this site.

The question on the other site was how sombody could do this turned into a debate on gun control and it took away from the horific outcome.

If any of the familys were a member of the forum, I could'nt even tell alot of you what I thought of your coments. ( They are putting there kids in the ground )

Try to think before you type, this is a big fourm and it reachs far.

Most of the folks on the other thread are giving their ideas on how to prevent this kind of unspeakable act from happening again. I have seen no one posting anything disrespectable to those that lost their lives or their families. I lost a teenage daughter several years ago and can relate to the suffering parents. I would take no offense if a group of people tried to find a solution to keeping other parents from losing a child the way I did or any other way. If I have offended anyone affected by this tragedy I am truly sorry but trying stop this from happening again should be everybodys wish.

Just my opinion.

I personally think reforming any of our gun control laws such as so called Assault Weapons or Magazine Capacity is about as useful as banning the Fork or making a smaller fork size standard and mandatory. People kill themselves by not being able to control their diet, and if we bann the fork or make it smaller, it will make it harder to eat. Doesn't make much sense does it? Well neither does more gun control IMHO.

Remember that the Second Amendment didn't have to do with hunting or target shooting. It was put in place to enable an American citizen to protect himself against a tyrannical government. While I would never own an assault weapon, and hate it that so very many of our criminal element has such weapons, I cannot in good conscience ask my neighbors to give up those weapons. They may truly need them one day ........................... !

Being the father of three grown kids and the proud grandparent of 9 grandkids; I can assure you that I would be devaststed at the loss of any one of them. Especially when that loss occurred at the hands of a violent animal like the one in Conn. I would spend my last dime to see the culprit apprehended and taken out of society, provideing that person made it to court before I found the responseable party. I however wouldn't want my loss to affect millions of innocent people nationwide. The knee-jerk reaction we are currently expierenceing, will be more violent than the actions in Conneticutt because it will effect millions of peoples in ways we don't even understand or comprehend yet. Punishing the people at Colt, Glock, S&W, Remington, Rock River Arms, High Standard, Federal, Cor-Bon, LC,WRA, and the other associated firearms manufactures will only worsen the US's economy and it's (states/citizens) soviergenty. These companys are the ones that would be responseable for provideing arms and ammunitions in case of another World War, just as they did in WWll. The answer is far from clear and even farther from adoption, I'm open to discussion and would entertain all solutions. I would ask that your solution be founded on world history as well as current events; meaning the first recorded murder was committed with a stick and for the next four thousand years murders were committed with,rocks, jawbones, spears, knives/swords, axes, arrows, poision, fire and disease; then gun powder was invented.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

You will NOT see much in the forum of firearms control out of this, some but nearly nothing. What you will see is............Homeland Security expanded into securing the schools. Likely an 8% to 14% special tax on firearms to help pay for costs.

Homeland Security has never made me feel secure. I sure don't feel warm and fuzzy expanding their role. And if there is any reasonable correlation between who pays for this plan and who should pay (if anyone), I sure don't see it. Looks like the blame game coupled with the "take more power" game. Awful.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly 2 View Post
    Remember that the Second Amendment didn't have to do with hunting or target shooting. It was put in place to enable an American citizen to protect himself against a tyrannical government. While I would never own an assault weapon, and hate it that so very many of our criminal element has such weapons, I cannot in good conscience ask my neighbors to give up those weapons. They may truly need them one day ........................... !
    Ditto that.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    I personally think reforming any of our gun control laws such as so called Assault Weapons or Magazine Capacity is about as useful as banning the Fork or making a smaller fork size standard and mandatory. People kill themselves by not being able to control their diet, and if we bann the fork or make it smaller, it will make it harder to eat. Doesn't make much sense does it? Well neither does more gun control IMHO.
    I see what you mean. (The easy access to forks)

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    K

I see what you mean. (The easy access to forks)

Smitty of the North
    I wasn't referring to easy access, I was referring to someone whom is Fat or has food issues blameing the fork for them having a problem. Its a tool just like the gun. It's the action by the irresponsible person using it that is the problem. As far as access goes if your trying to make a point, the access is controlled by education. Teach them early on the same way you teach child that the stove is hot and will get burned if you touch it and the proper use of it. Anything else is unacceptable and someone is gonna pay the price (minor burn or death)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Please take your coments about gun control to this site.

The question on the other site was how sombody could do this turned into a debate on gun control and it took away from the horific outcome.

If any of the familys were a member of the forum, I could'nt even tell alot of you what I thought of your coments. ( They are putting there kids in the ground )

Try to think before you type, this is a big fourm and it reachs far.
    That is very easy to understand when you understand people can go/are insane.

I was working at API in 1990 when one night all the nursing supervisors got into a tizzy. Then a few hours later a helicopter landed and discharged a few people. Seems the mental health commissioner for an entire midwestern state was on a cruise with his wife. According to the nursing supervisor I spoke too, they were sitting at a dinner table when she "just lost her mind". Very, very sad but it happens.

As long as crazy people, and people with an agenda know where there are large concentrations of totally unprotected people, those people will target the unprotected people. This is common sense, but we know there are large groups of people who have no common sense, and even more reprehensibly, there are groups who know the aforementioned, but don't want to acknowledge this because it provides them a forum.

There was great discussion after Columbine and out here in Bethel after the high-school shooting about security. People don't want security. I remember out here it was "we don't want our kids to think they are going to prison". I even wrote a response to that in the local paper entitled, "people want their kids to die". It shut down the "discussion" because I wrote of the truth of the matter. If parents wanted the kids to be safe, it takes certain measures, if parents/LKSD school district didn't want to take those measures, then the alternative was obvious.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by chico99645 View Post
    I wasn't referring to easy access, I was referring to someone whom is Fat or has food issues blameing the fork for them having a problem. Its a tool just like the gun. It's the action by the irresponsible person using it that is the problem. As far as access goes if your trying to make a point, the access is controlled by education. Teach them early on the same way you teach child that the stove is hot and will get burned if you touch it and the proper use of it. Anything else is unacceptable and someone is gonna pay the price (minor burn or death)
    The anti-gun crowd claims that crime is caused by the "Easy Access to Guns". And that access should be restricted or prevented.

Your suggestion, regarding forks seems to parallel that.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Disarming is citizens simply a method used by the ruling elite to neutralize any possible resistance from said citizens.
    Including even the thought that resistance or self reliance would or could be possible. Thus making the populace totally depenant on the ruling elite for every facet of life.

Claiming that the disarming will stop with a certain type of firearm is one of the great lies of mankind.
    Right up there with
    " The check is in the mail ",
    "I will respect you in the morning"
    and " Don't worry I'm sterile."
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Delete....
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Strange that NO One worries about Pandemic, Economic Collapse, or how fragile the Electric Power Grid of America is. No.......just fear that we might have to do a 4473 form at Gun shows.

MJM316
    Well I see you deleted your post while I was typing.....

We may never know the truth.
    Since the whack-job is dead there will be no trial.
    So all of the info will be leaks by unconfirmed sources.

A few days ago the Gov of Conn. was guessing that the whack job shot himself when he heard the cops coming.
    BUT the next day that was being reported as fact. Really nobody knows what he heard or thought. He's flippin dead !

The story on which firearm has changed a few times, just like the story about what his mom did for a living...

Now you will only hear whatever "facts" the powers-that-be want you to believe.

Of course it really does not matter if he used a gun, car or weed whacker. He is the one who commited the crime ! Nobody or anything else! And he is belly up, so time to chuck his butt into the local sewer pond and move on.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Really, honestly, if you are for gun control please explain to me how a government that is defined as "by the people for the people" can rule that the people are not allowed to own something that the government is? Are we to assume that the government thinks more rationally than "we the people"? I think I can show you plenty of examples of how government makes as many bad decisions as citizens do, maybe worse. So start explaining cause i'm waiting to hear.

www.legendsofamerica.com type in outlaws in the search box.

There are people that are arguing about the 2nd adm. was for protection and food. while I agree with this, these guys have been killing others for self gain for as long as time can remember.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast