Thread: New Certificate?

Default New Certificate?

Thinking about getting instrament rated what are the pros and cons? Will I use the skill in Alaska?

Quote Originally Posted by BARTFRNCS View Post
    Thinking about getting instrament rated what are the pros and cons? Will I use the skill in Alaska?
    It's a rating you'll always be glad you have. It will certainoy make a smoother pilot of you. And yes - - - - - you can certainly use it in Alaska. It will be up to you whether or not you will use it.

While it was my last favorite rating to obtain, the instrument rating has been the most usefull. As Griz said it will make you a smoother flyer, and it takes away the " Willies " when you get on the edge of some dicey weather, because you know what to do without having to think about it...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Yes, do it...it may save your life some day.

I did my multi instr check ride out of Long Beach and I can still hear the sweet voice of the female controller on approach right after I gave her the tail number ....which engine did he just shut down? Right! OK....left turn to 180, expect lower in 2 miles, contact departure on....... She knew that plane was used for check rides so she didn't make it easy for me...but I learned from it and I passed.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

Yes sir, do the training, for competency, confidence and not least insurance both financial and psychological...You just have to remember in Alaska ice is NOT your friend other than used to assist your favorite adult beverage...

You never stop learning...