Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Homer feeder kings in July

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,448

    Default Homer feeder kings in July

    I always come up the last two weeks in July. Are there any feeder kings around then?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Yes, feeder kings are here year around! In july there are other salmon that get in the way most years. The last two years the silver fishing has been very poor, so the king that are here have a better chance to get at your bait. See you next year Keven, If you are here in Aug I could get you out for some fun on the water.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    I always come up the last two weeks in July. Are there any feeder kings around then?
    Yeah, there certainly are kings around all year, but most people don't want to take the time to fish for them when they can be fishing for halibut, lings and rockfish. It's kind of hard for people to rationalize taking time away from putting fish in the box that will supply them with 50 to 100 lbs. of fish in the freezer instead of catching a salmon or two that will only put, say, 10 lbs. of fish in the freezer. During the summer there are seasonal and yearly limits for kings depending on where you fish, so you're only allowed 5 kings. Most people that are interested in fishing for kings will put their seasonal or yearly limit on their license with spawning kings before the latter part of July, though some people like myself will leave an opening or two for later season kings. But if there are silvers around you can catch a limit every day without having to worry about a seasonal, or yearly limit. Let's hope the silvers decide to show up this year.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  4. #4

    Default

    BTW---last July around the 20th my clients got a limit of halibut they were happy with and so we stopped to fish for the non-existent silvers and got this feeder king instead:
    butt_and_king_7-20-12.jpg
    They're out there!
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Yes, feeder kings are here year around! In july there are other salmon that get in the way most years. The last two years the silver fishing has been very poor, so the king that are here have a better chance to get at your bait. See you next year Keven, If you are here in Aug I could get you out for some fun on the water.
    Geez, Kevin, I'd jump on that offer since he's offering to take you out for free (which I'd have to assume he's doing since it's against forum rules to solicit charters through posts like this).
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Muttley, Keven and I know each other and yes it would be free. If I was still chartering I would not make any posts on here offering to take someone fishing it just wouldn't be right!
    Merry Christmas to all and good fishing!!!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    Mutt
    I do know MGH. He fishes halibut with a rod i made him. He is a stand up guy all the way around!

  8. #8
    Charterboat Operator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Homer Alaska
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Muttley, Keven and I know each other and yes it would be free. If I was still chartering I would not make any posts on here offering to take someone fishing it just wouldn't be right!
    Merry Christmas to all and good fishing!!!
    Take me!!! Take Me!!!! Me Me Me!!! Take Me!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    Take me!!! Take Me!!!! Me Me Me!!! Take Me!!!!!!!
    You will still be in the sound working like a dog for the mob! I was going to take your boat

  10. #10
    Charterboat Operator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Homer Alaska
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgh55 View Post
    you will still be in the sound working like a dog for the mob! I was going to take your boat
    son of a $%$%!!!!!! Lol!!

  11. #11
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    homer, alaska
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    You will still be in the sound working like a dog for the mob! I was going to take your boat
    now that's funny.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGH55 View Post
    Muttley, Keven and I know each other and yes it would be free. If I was still chartering I would not make any posts on here offering to take someone fishing it just wouldn't be right!
    Merry Christmas to all and good fishing!!!
    I believe that's all I said. Not sure why you'd be repeating it.

    Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Mutt
    I do know MGH. He fishes halibut with a rod i made him. He is a stand up guy all the way around!
    I know MGH, too. Enough said.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    Mutt, you don't know me, but you do know who I am. If you feel the need PM me. ENOUGH SAID!! I will be happy to talk to you anytime I have sent you a PM I understand if you do not reply!

  14. #14
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    homer, alaska
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Enough said.
    I'll believe that when i see it.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    I'll believe that when i see it.
    Oh, you know me all too well, Dave. But what I actually meant was "enough said" about MGH. And THAT WILL be all I say about MGH. Enough said!
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

  16. #16
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    homer, alaska
    Posts
    3,922

    Default Homer feeder kings in July

    Brian's on vacation, so as a present to him lets all play extra nice ... Until he gets home.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •