Thread: Deshka Landing this A.M>

Default Deshka Landing this A.M>

"The ice jam just below the marina is gone.The marina has floating ice in it .A launch is possible.The low water launch is usable.This is as of 0800 this morning.Alot of ice moved out yesterday.It looks clear down stream and may be open all the way to the Deshka.No one has gone out yet. I will let everyone know as soon as someone makes the trip".. Copied this from the Deshka Landing Website noon today. Who wants to be the first? Be careful and report back asap.

Just talked to some friends of ours that have a cabin on the lower Deshka. She told me that there are big chucks of ice floating down both the Big Su and the Deshka and is not quite safe to travel yet. She told me they get pictures every day from their neighbors that live over there.

She said another few days yet.

Does anyone else have anything differant?

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

At noon on the 4th of May, the Big Su was blocked between the Deshka Landing and the mouth of the Deshka River. Ain't doable yet. Not enough water in the marina for the large boats. You will need to launch off of the low water jetty, if you want to go out. Clear channel all the way up to Willow Creek from the landing.

That must of been the ice from the BigSu bridge there was a 1/2 mile ice jam at 9:00 am went back at noon and the entire 1/2 mile jam was gone and nothing but plenty of running water.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default may 7th update

"The main launch ramp is usable,but the water is low. Stay away from the old retaining log wall.It is unstable and parts are starting to fall into the marina.The low water launch is usable and recommended for large boats.
    It is clear down to the deshka. The main river has alot of ice coming down.Recommend waiting a couple of days before making a trip." Today's update from the Deshka Landing website