Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: System response may be slow due to high volume?

Default System response may be slow due to high volume?

Is anybody else getting the "System response may be slow due to high volume" message on Fish and Game's website? I suspect with 2 days left until the deadline, it will only get busier. Stopped by a couple places in Wasilla and they don't have the paper applications either. It looks like my odds of getting drawn are going from less than 1% to 0%!

I just got the same message. I have never seen that before and I normally apply just days before the deadline every year.

Might have try later like at 4am.

I applied Nov. 4th. No problems at all.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

That message is static content they added to the webpage - same as the rest of the text.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    I applied Nov. 4th. No problems at all.
    Usually I apply earlier also, but this year had some hunting partner variables and work traveling that dictated the timing of my application. Maybe applying at 4am is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    That message is static content they added to the webpage - same as the rest of the text.
    Does it really mean that their server is bogged down? Or are they just subtely telling us that the draw results will probably be delayed until May of next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearish View Post
    Does it really mean that their server is bogged down? Or are they just subtely telling us that the draw results will probably be delayed until May of next year?
    I just got a new message - weird.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I like the address, Milo. LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by 379 Peterbilt View Post
    I like the address, Milo. LMAO!
    ****. The first person to reply noticed that!

The message on the ADFG page really means nothing. It's static text only and in no way reflects whether the system is or is not actually responding slowly. It could say anything and it wouldn't make a difference.

<p style="text-align: center; font-size: 14pt; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 2px;">
    System response may be slow due to high volume.
    </p>

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    I just got a new message - weird.

That's awesome.

The fact remains that something is wrong with their website

Quote Originally Posted by Bearish View Post
    The fact remains that something is wrong with their website
    And that fact may just be that there are too many folks trying to access the website...same thing happens when the draw results come out. There is an advantage of applying early, and that is, you have a better chance of submitting your application before it gets too crowded.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    And that fact may just be that there are too many folks trying to access the website...same thing happens when the draw results come out. There is an advantage of applying early, and that is, you have a better chance of submitting your application before it gets too crowded.
    You're 100% correct. But in my mind, if you have a problem with something every year you would fix it, or give people options if you can't fix it (like supplying your venders with plenty of paper applications).

I don't want to come across like a complainer, was just frustrated this morning when I was trying to apply.

I had zero trouble just a few minutes ago. I even have super slow internet from Clear wire! I figured people would be eating dinner!

!0 minutes ago I had no problems even if it said it was slow, went straight there anyway. A post like this is telling people that are idiots to apply before it is too late. Thanks for now more competition for a permit. Some idiots just need to stay on top or suck it up. Man... this post is like giving your hunting area away... Think my man!!!! Sometimes a no post is better than a remind all you lazy folks to apply so those of us on top of it have more competition for the few permits issued. Yea, I know, I'm selfish!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

You mean like when you just bumped it to the top

You opened the thread, not me
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    You opened the thread, not me
    That is incorrect.
    Bump

You are right, bearish started it, I sit corrected. I need to explain myself. Been up here for 35 years and have applied for tier I/II and draw permits every year, about six per year so anything that gives me a leg up, I will take. 35 years and only 3 permits? Heck, by now I could have bought a Bison permit at a farm for what I have spent. So yea, Anything to help my chances. I'll take. Bump to the top, LOL I'm out of here,,, good night

It didn't take too long. Glad that's over! Now sit and wait.

I had the same issue early today but the problem is fixed now as I got my application done and got my email confirmation. Hurry up February...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast