Thread: Data Dog R.I.P

Default Data Dog R.I.P

Lost my best friend yesterday. He can never be replaced and I feel a real hole in my heart without him. This one really hurts he was only 6 and his love was unconditional.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More pics of my best friend.

More pics of my best friend.

Default A few more

More pics of my best friend. We got him when he was almost 2, a Christmas present to my boys. Really sad to see him gone.

Very sorry for your loss. A dog will always have a place in your heart and we never really let go. I'll bet you had some great times together. My condolences to you and your family. And I thank you for your service to our country.

Dogs are such a double edged sword: Super-human loyalty and devotion, energy and enthusiasm. They love us for us, and all they want is to be with us. When they die it hurts like hell.

A lot of us here have felt your pain. It will fade.

When you're ready, puppy breath will make it will fade faster.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Default Data Dog R.I.P

Time will heal the pain and make the love stronger. I lost a good dog before it seemed her time was up, and it's one of the deeper aches I've ever felt, but the love truly outlasts the pain.

Thank you for sharing those wonderful photos.

Sorry for your loss AKFishon.
    We all know what you feel. Glad you had four good years with your friend.
    Thanks for sharing

What a beautiful dog. It looks like you had some great adventures together. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing your friend with us through your photos. What a lucky dog to have found such a great family to spend time with. Understand that the more we love, the more somebody affects our lives in positive ways, the stronger the bonds, the greater the pain we feel with their passing. Many of us have felt your pain, and you have our sympathies.
    No, he can never be replaced and it would be unfair to your next dog to try to do so. But another dog can help fill the void and establish new memories and bonds that are important. Another dog, allowed to stand on their own merits, even though comparing the 2 is normal, can and will provide you with many new opportunities.
    I wish you luck finding that new friend when the time is right,
    ARR

Default Data Dog R.I.P

I'm so very sorry god your loss. There is nothing in the world better than the unconditional love and loyalty of a dog.

I know where you are at right now, and I'm truly sorry for your loss. It just sucks.

I'm sorry for your loss. This the hardest thing about owning a dog. They just don't live long enough!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Data was a good dog. Hopefully, I'll see you soon.

I applaud your looking for a good dog that needs a good home before looking for a good pup. Data looks like a great friend. My sympathies to you and your family on the loss of clearly a member of the family. I'll keep my ear to the ground for a dog that needs rehoming up here in Fairbanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishOn View Post
    Lost my best friend yesterday. He can never be replaced and I feel a real hole in my heart without him. This one really hurts he was only 6 and his love was unconditional.
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. It's very hard, I know.

Just the other night I had a dream that I was calling my dogs......Sunny, the yellow lab I have now, and Cheska my old Chesapeake I had to put down like 20 years ago. In the dream Sunny came right away, but for some reason Cheska wasn't coming. Then I realized in the dream that Cheska was gone. I cried as hard in my dream as the day she left us. It is such a hard thing to go through. It's hard to explain how much we can love an animal. So sorry my friend....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

There are no words. Hopefully, in the near future all the good memories will be a comfort.

Default R.I.P. for sure

I lost my yellow lab (Browning at 4) in August due to what I believe to be mushroom poisoning. I have owned dogs my whole life and labs for the last 30 years. Truly best friends for sure (any and all 4 legged ones), but loosing Browning hit my whole family hard. Your story brings tears back. Browning will always be missed and loved.

Three weeks ago we decided to start looking again for another lab and found Sadie on Craigslist. She's 1 and basically still a puppy, just a 60lb one... But we like her. (My first female so we'll see how things work out.) but we'll keep her regardless.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/pet/

I have used CL for as long as its been around and never knew about this community section which is where we found Sadie thanks to my daughters search. Attachment 67018

Keep an eye out on this site and you will find one. Best of luck and sorry for your loss.
    Tony