Thread: Shrimp around Cordova

Question Shrimp around Cordova

Does anyone have any recomendations for places to catch shrimp close to Cordova? I have put pots in a few spots and haven't had any luck. I am starting to think I need to get farther away.

I'd like to hear if ANYONE has had any success around CDV. I've tired myself with no luck.

I hear once that the west arm of simpson bay had some. There is a reef in the arm about half way up. Tried it and got one.

Lets approach the question a little differenlty. How far have any of the Valdez boys gone out the arm in search of Shrimp? Anybody ever dropped for them in Fidalgo or around Bligh Island?

Not trying to out anyone's secret spots.

Default Too Far

Way too far unless camping over that way. Saw Mill is probably the farthest the dedicated ones do for a run.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thanks Dave. Its what I suspected. With the quality shrimping available in the arm its not suprising that guy don't try much farther out...

Default Waterfalls

Try targeting waterfalls coming into the ocean from the mountain streams. Target 300-350 feet of water. Also off of glaciers if the ice flow is not too heavy at the same depth.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Thanks

Thanks for the ideas. I went to Port Gravina and caught one skinny little shrimp after 6 hours. I have tried 5 or 6 spots closer and caught nothing. Oh well can't have everything.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by giten-a-life View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I went to Port Gravina and caught one skinny little shrimp after 6 hours. I have tried 5 or 6 spots closer and caught nothing. Oh well can't have everything.

Thanks again!
    Where did you drop it in Gravina?

I caught 2 shrimp in three pots in Gravina with 10 hour soak. Not my favorite hotspot.

Default Gravina

I dropped the pot just outside of Olsen Bay.

I dropped a couple pots at the end of Etches Bay and soaked them overnight and only caught a few small ones. Anyone ever try near Green Island?