Thread: Kermit chair, best camp chair ever...

Default Kermit chair, best camp chair ever...

A few years back I bought two Kermit chairs from some guy in Tennessee. He runs the operation himself and offers 5 year warranty, replacement parts, repair, etc.. Called him and he said he will fix it or replace it for life, lawyers had him put a 5 year warranty on paper. Really nice dude that takes great pride in his chairs. These chairs got their starts with motorcycle tourist it sounds like as they fit in saddle bags and what not. Lots of folks down here travel on their Harley's, BMWs, etc.. and camp.

I have had a bad time with camp chairs. At 6'6" 300 lbs, I have a hard time with just about anything I sit on. Taking extra para cord and duct tape was the norm on previous float trips and camping trips as I always knew my camp chair was disposable. Used the cheapo Walmart type, then got the Travel Chair brand which is a nicer version of the Walmart junk. All chairs broke under the mighty force of my arse. More specifically, my trying to get out of the low sitting seats.

So I finally broke down and got the Kermit chairs. Skeptical at first about paying so much for a camp chair, I got nothing but praise at this point. I have used mine on several Alaska Float trips, numerous camping trips here in NC, smoking meat in the yard, etc.. These chairs are incredible. They pack small and weight is tolerable. Once assembled, which takes 2-3 minutes, they stay assembled and fold for the trips duration. Being on the taller side, I got the optional aluminum chair extenders that make it 4-5" taller. After a few years of usage, thought I was in a good position to review this product. If it will support me, it should work for most anyone. Incredible design and quality product.

http://www.kermitchair.com/

-Dan

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

got any pics of it packaged up Dan?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Found this online. I guess that is a cell phone beside it. Packs up small at any rate. 5 lbs, 20" x 4-6", something like that.

It won't fit in my Harley leather bags but it straps on nicely and it is a pleasure to change from the bike seat to the chair at the end of the day. I must admit I have been very protective of my chair and I like it a lot with a log as a foot stool. They ain't cheap but so far it's a good investment...much better than my super light weight cot that is a bear to put together and cost twice as much!~!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Looks good, but dang, you're right about the price being a tough pill to swallow. The packed up size looks great, design looks great, but that price! I'm intrigued though...

This is going on my to get list for this coming season.Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like the Karta cabin.

Yeah man, that was the Karta, a spring trip a few years back. As for the chairs, they ain't cheap. But I got tired of having a taped up disposable chair on day 3 of a 13 day float trip. Well worth the dough to me, especially when it still looks brand new after a few years of use. Very high quality product and the design is very impressive. I suggest the aluminum extenders for anyone considering one. These are pretty low sitting chairs without them.