Thread: Where to put my ice house on biglake

Default Where to put my ice house on biglake

Howdy,
    I need a little advice i have not fished Big Lake much i just got my semi-permanent ice house that i just finished building licensed and have no clue which side or area of the lake thats good for fishing. I heard that the whole right side from the north dock has bad fishing. If anyone has some advice that would be great i'm gonna be on the lake all day tomorrow driving around poking some holes trying to find fish.
    THANKS chris

Burnt Point

Chris,
    Be cautious of leaving your hut out there unattended. I had one out there, even locked it up and found it in a new location every time I went back. It was like an easter egg hunt every weekend cause we had to find it each time. Turns out they were just picking up one side and crawling under it to get in after they towed it to the new location. It was marked clearly and locked though!
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Chris,
    Be cautious of leaving your hut out there unattended. I had one out there, even locked it up and found it in a new location every time I went back. It was like an easter egg hunt every weekend cause we had to find it each time. Turns out they were just picking up one side and crawling under it to get in after they towed it to the new location. It was marked clearly and locked though!
    BK
    Yea, but look at how many new fishing spots you learned.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Chris,
    BK
    Yet another example of why cabins, season long shanties, and vacation homes are more of a target than asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Yet another example of why cabins, season long shanties, and vacation homes are more of a target than asset.
    Its gonna be empty when i leave so if someone wants to fish out of it as long as it is not destroyed someone can have at it in fact i'm considering leaving a number at it so if someone wants to use it they can give me a ring and ill unlock her.

Also when i went out last weekend everyone out there said right off burnt point like he said so im gonna try around 15-30 feet so i can get a variety of fish coming though and have a chance at some burbot

We caught this last weekend on the west side of the lake. char.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by J2theD View Post
    We caught this last weekend on the west side of the lake. char.jpg
    Nice! Hope i get lucky this weekend

Great colors in that fish. Congrats.

Heading that way for New Years. Hope the troopers check my license on New Years Day. Every year I get that up there.