Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't even know what to say...

Default I don't even know what to say...

I don't even know what to say either. I can't even handle reading the entirety of the story. Where does this level of evil come from? Who could do such a thing?

Leaves me speechless and heavy of heart, too.............
    "Punish the monkey - let the organ grinder go" - Mark Knopfler

It will never end and most likely get worse. I'm sad for the children of the world.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Beyond devastating.

Default I don't even know what to say...

I am deeply saddened.

My main request of members of this forum reading this would be to take the high road and be calm and respectful when people make it an issue of gun control as opposed to what is really going on behind the scenes, which is a national mental healthcare education and treatment failure.

We might disagree as to where the evil comes for...
    But video games which celebrate wholesale death and destruction, TV shows and movies which portray torture, fatherless (or family-less) children with no moral compass... none of these help. All a set-up for disaster.

I can think of something to say now. Quit staunchly defending these high capacity TACTICAL pieces of worhtless/dangerous crap. I'll bill it as Domestic Terrorism for believing they belong on the streets.

I played laser tag and paint ball as a kid "killed" my friends with cap guns or sticks wielded like one since before I can even remember. That along with being on the front line of the first person shooter games which came out during my generation. Anyone who can't separate a video game from reality has a mental defect and it wasn't put there by the game. Guns don't kill people on their own and neither does call of duty. Heck a guy in China chopped up 22 kids with a knife today and I doubt he has either guns or the latest copy of Black Ops to drive him.

Terrible state in our nation. This is a truly saddening day and until we, as a nation, turn back to God, will continue to see the down slide of morals and values.

2 Timothy 3:
    1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
    6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

2 Chronicles 7: 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
    Last edited by OKElkHunter; 12-14-2012 at 11:50. Reason: added
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

Question

Well, how can anyone know what to say about such an horrific incident? Maybe it's time that we who love guns, hunting, and shooting start listening a bit to the anti-gun crowd and take them seriously. Does the rest of the civilized world have this problem? Last I knew, every household in Switzerland contains a military weapon, but when is the last time Switzerland endured such an bloodbath?

I know it gives me pause to view the gun displays at our local Sportsman Warehouse . . rack after rack, shelf after shelf of firearms whose purpose it appears is to kill another human being. And, yes, yes, yes, there are some big-bore pistols for bear protection, some conventionally-configured high power rifles for hunting, but for every one of those there are far more concealed-carry type pistols and assault-style rifles that look like they belong in Afghanistan rather than in civilized society. Last time I was in, SW even had a semi-automatic Thompson machine gun.

No easy, glib answers, but something's got to change . . something's going to change. How can we continue to ignore such carnage by pompously citing abstract, mumbo-jumbo about the right to bear arms? No, guns aren't the problem, but a problem most assuredly exists. Do any of the rest of you also receive catalogs selling military gear?

Beats me . .

Why not move to Switzerland? They have less than 8 million people there which is less than 4% of the US population so it's far from an apples to apples comparison. Where do you draw the line? Is an 8 round single six too much? A 10 round 10/22? My old mod 94 lever gun? This sicko targeted defenseless 5yo kids, a hammer and a bat would have been no less effective.

You're right Marcus. Though the heavily funded domestic terrorists have stricken fear into anyone who tries discussing the issue of all those who've died to these legally owned high capacity pieces of toy-boy trash.

It's not the time to get "political" but I want to say to all that if "we" don't become proactive in this firearm "discussion" then before our eyes what will happen is "they" will rewrite the rules and laws without input of any intelligence and we will end up not having any voice at all ..... and probably not many guns either

As a father of a first grader that is sitting in class this moment I say we need to arm teachers and some staff.
    More laws will not solve this.
    I'm sure there are people close to this piece of **** that saw warning signs yet this was allowed to happen. Crazy people do crazy ****.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    This sicko targeted defenseless 5yo kids, a hammer and a bat would have been no less effective.
    If that were the case, a TEACHER would've relentlessly engaged on behalf of those children. What kind of logic is this? Over 100 rnds fired from high capacity ASSAULT WEAPONS, what is a teacher to do with that? Let me use Brian M (a teacher as an example)......do you think he'd step into a shower of bullets, or engage someone with a bat?

I would take on a man hll-bent on killing children if he had a knife, an ax, or a bat. But it would be hopepless to do so if he were armed with an Assualt Rifle.

Sorry fellas, 30 rounds under a semi, or even these legally purchased 100 rd drums qualifies as an assualt rifle in my opinion. If you don't like that, too bad. You'll watch the definition change before your eyes in the near future.

Latest seems to be pointing to the gunman being the son of the Kindergarten teacher.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Why not move to Switzerland? They have less than 8 million people there which is less than 4% of the US population so it's far from an apples to apples comparison. Where do you draw the line? Is an 8 round single six too much? A 10 round 10/22? My old mod 94 lever gun? This sicko targeted defenseless 5yo kids, a hammer and a bat would have been no less effective.

C'mon, LuJon, our problem isn't caused because we're bigger than Switzerland. By that logic, India and China would be worse than we are . . hey, they're bigger aren't they?

I've already said that guns aren't the problem, so please don't go there.

Nevertheless, a problem exists, and guns are facilitating and exacerbating it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryan-...35226866532926

His facebook page or one dedicated to him..his original page was up a few ago

We are well past thinking things like this are strange in our country and in a way its how we started. It happens all over the world and in some places much more often. The more groups we divide into the more chance for conflict of the different groups.Humans like all creatures have never know peace from the start of time.If we could not get along when our numbers were in the hundreds how could we possibility do it now.We have trouble driving five minuets on the road without thinking bad of someone and how their actions interfear with our goals.Regretfully I'll bet these two though they were doing a good thing and without guns they could have burned the school.One can always find a way to do evil.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast