Thread: Cabelas swarovski spotter "giveaway"...

Default Cabelas swarovski spotter "giveaway"...

Well, if you frequent various other outdoor forums and are wondering where all of these NIB Swaro scopes are coming from across the web, read on...
    Some of us longtimers here remember when Cabelas and Sportmans Warehouse had a clearance on Zeiss diascopes. Many of us bought them after the word was posted here in the optics forum.
    The new lotutec stock had arrived and they blew the non-lotutec 65mm with zoom eyepiece for about $800--ridiculous prices. I scored two, several others here bought them as well.

Recently the same thing happened with Cabelas with the Swarovski spotter inventory. This was due to the new ATX/STX lineup and the "new" (basically old aluminum body with slightly-"improved" glass) ats and sts lineup for budget minded buyers. The modular ATX and STX line are expensive and Swaro knows it.

Cabelas slashed prices on these "outdated" (seems crazy to type that) scopes...
    Prices were 1/2 off of Cabelas cost!
    Out the door prices:
    atm/stm 65mm non hd $650
    atm/stm 65mm hd $869
    atm/stm 80 non hd $800
    atm/stm 80 hd $1100
    ALL WITH ZOOM EYEPIECE!
    Crazy stuff.

Most of the stock was purchased by Cabelas employes and their friends and family because they were the first to hear about the completely unannounced sale.

I managed to score a NIB ATM 20-60X65MM HD for $869, (list $2300)... I found it at a more obscure Cabelas store in their bargain cave no less. Pure luck.
    I started my search a week late, should have been ancient history really, but I actually managed to find one.

Some guys bought cart-fulls ($18,000-$20,000 normal retail) at close to a third the price and are peddling at most of the hunting forums. Might be some bargains to be had (I've seen some on Ebay pretty cheap) although some of these guys are asking big money in spite of their good fortune...

Heads up so you guys know whats up when you see these scopes posted around the web.

Did anybody else score one at a Cabelas? Obviously not an option in AK...yet.
    Proud to be an American!

Well I was wrong about list on my scope...wasn't $2300 it was $2650. 70% off.

Alas, Alaska had no part in this love....

Swaro may be unreal glass, but one can only imagine the markup from the factory!
    Multi-billion $ company....
    Proud to be an American!

You are very fortunate indeed. Wish I could have found out about that sale before they were all gone.

While not as significant as your score, something similar happened to us a few years ago. Scored a Swarovski 4-12 X 50 rifle scope for nearly 60% off list. Had it added to my and there was a "one-day" sale. Checked back the very next day just because and sure enough the price was back up to normal.

Dang! Nice score there!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

YGTBSM......

Nice catch. I've never heard of such a good deal!