Default Obummer and hunting

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

In before the lock.... LOL ... FIRST!!!!

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Gonna be some broken tines on that apple thief.

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    What....gun ban...where? Tell me this isn't why my ammo cost twice as much and buying a new gun calls for a second mortgage!

If the use of Photoshop was limited to children age 10 and under, the average intellect of internet spam would be twice as high as it is currently.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

As a meat procurer, I like the concept of the giant trap, but then it wouldn't fall under "hunting", it would be trapping. Eskimos and Indians used to snare caribou. Remember the moose that got caught and lifted high up in the power lines they were pulling some years ago on the KP?

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    As a meat procurer, I like the concept of the giant trap, but then it wouldn't fall under "hunting", it would be trapping. Eskimos and Indians used to snare caribou. Remember the moose that got caught and lifted high up in the power lines they were pulling some years ago on the KP?
    That was here???....For some reason I had thought that was up north somewhere. Pretty interesting to see........a big bull hangin' there like that from it's antlers. To bad they had to shoot it after they let it down.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    That was here???....For some reason I had thought that was up north somewhere. Pretty interesting to see........a big bull hangin' there like that from it's antlers. To bad they had to shoot it after they let it down.
    Yeah... maybe was up north. Must be a picture around somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Yeah... maybe was up north. Must be a picture around somewhere.
    I believe it was the the new power line they were building to feed the Pogo mine.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

By
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

FAIRBANKS - A bull moose was suspended 50 feet in the air after its antlers became tangled in a power line under construction southeast of Fairbanks.
    The incident happened on October 5 on the Pogo Mine Road. The moose apparently became tangled in electrical wires while the line, under construction to the Teck Pogo gold mine about 80 miles southeast of Fairbanks, was close to the ground.
    Workers noticed something wrong after tightening the line, and backtracked to find the moose hanging by its antlers.
    The moose was alive when it was lowered to the ground, but Department of Fish and Game officials decided to kill it rather than tranquilize it before removing the wires.
    Officials say they were worried the stressed moose would die and the drugged meat would not be salvageable.
    The moose may have weighed as much as 1,200 pounds. The workers believe the moose may have come across the sagging and swaying wires and decided to challenge the power line to a fight, as bull moose are known to do during the rut, or mating season.
    "My guess is he was in full rut and probably seen that line moving out there," and decided to fight, said Marvin Pickens, line construction manager for City Electric in Anchorage.
    The moose was likely suspended in the air for only a matter of minutes before workers investigated and found it, Marian said.

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I believe it was the the new power line they were building to feed the Pogo mine.
    I found pictures of two incidents on line. One was of the moose and the other was a big horn. I just hate posting pictures on this site.

Attachment 66369

I think this is the one. It is the power line for Pogo...

You Mean these?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"