Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draw Permit rejected???????????

Default Draw Permit rejected???????????

I put in all my permits from moose to sheep. A buddy put in the same permits on one of the moose permits we put in as a group. But he accidently put in the wrong group number. So on our application I applied for a permit as a group, while he applied as a single and vice versa leaving two moose permits we applied for having duplicate aplications. Is my entire apllication going to be rejected making me unable to be selected for any permits or just those specific two moose permits. How do I fix this. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can change them up until the deadline. I'd call ADF&G tomorrow to sort it out.

No changes...I dealt with F&G on this just before Thanksgiving. Last year changes were allowed, but it was a big mess and they no longer do it....They can tell you what got rejected and what you're still in for though.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    No changes...I dealt with F&G on this just before Thanksgiving. Last year changes were allowed, but it was a big mess and they no longer do it....They can tell you what got rejected and what you're still in for though.
    Yep, its the third point at the top of the front page under Attention All Hunters. They allowed it for several years, but I can see it becoming a PIA.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

So by your experience is only the moose hunts that were duplicates going to be rejected or the entire aplication

That really sucks Dakota. Sorry.

A couple years ago I put in as a group with one other. He then applied for the same hunts as a single hunter. As a result, my and his applications were completely rejected. I was highly upset! Personally I think you are toast but call F&G and ask, it can't hurt. When I applied on line this year the last step before purchase had bold letters stating selections cannot be changed after submission. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota boy View Post
    So by your experience is only the moose hunts that were duplicates going to be rejected or the entire aplication

Rather than rely on heresay and guesses, CALL ADF&G! They are the ONLY ones who will actually be able to answer your question with certainty. It will be a lot easier and faster than trying to decipher guesses from here. Maybe follow up with a post on here to let people know what the correct answer is for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Rather than rely on heresay and guesses, CALL ADF&G! They are the ONLY ones who will actually be able to answer your question with certainty. It will be a lot easier and faster than trying to decipher guesses from here. Maybe follow up with a post on here to let people know what the correct answer is for future reference.

Agreed. I didn't know they changed it this year where you can't make changes anymore. I would definitely call them and explain your position. Whether they allow changes, or not, it seems after the deadline you'll surely be screwed. They are the ones who will be able to tell you, though. Let us know what you find out...

Make sure you call Juneau also. The local offices can't change anything with permitting.

So I called Juno and eventually was transferred to anchorage who is n charge if drawing. They pretty much told me tough sh$& deal with it. I will be kicked out of all bull moose drawings because it was a bull permit that got Messed up. kinda po'd at this. I should have the opportunity to fix this if I at least call before the deadline. I even asked If i could completely cancel my application and resubmit it correctly. And was told no.

This is another good reason to not do party draws. One mistake by someone not paying attention and blam-O the whole group is tossed out.

Does "No Changes" mean you can't add on to what you have already applied for? Say I only applied for one bull moose hunt originally but now I want to go back and put in for the other two. Am I out of luck?

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaZag View Post
    Does "No Changes" mean you can't add on to what you have already applied for? Say I only applied for one bull moose hunt originally but now I want to go back and put in for the other two. Am I out of luck?
    I belive that would be a "change" if the interpretation was up to me. I would suggest you either try to add the other hunts or contact ADF&G to find out the correct answer directly from the source.

Just got off the phone with fish and game. Additions are permitted. You just can't change or delete a hunt number.

I would have to say the system is broken in regards to this subject

Time to suck it up and take responsibility for your actions. A trait that was lost long ago in this world Or you could take it out of your buddies hide

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota boy View Post
    I would have to say the system is broken in regards to this subject
    Think about the man hours that go into processing these orders. You are not the only people to mess it up. There will be hundreds by 5pm on the 17th. And you want F&G to process refunds on credit cards and then let people fix their orders to be processed again? Who do you thing F&G is Amazon?

The best advice is to write down all the info neatly and in order and then start the on line process. The system gives you a last chance to go back and fix stuff before you submit the final order. That is your opportunity to review your order and make sure its correct. Nobody held a gun to your head and made you go through the process quickly without reviewing the information.

Why would a draw application ever get more complicated than DS102, DS103? (oh, and DI403, DI404)
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    Think about the man hours that go into processing these orders. You are not the only people to mess it up. There will be hundreds by 5pm on the 17th. And you want F&G to process refunds on credit cards and then let people fix their orders to be processed again? Who do you thing F&G is Amazon?

The best advice is to write down all the info neatly and in order and then start the on line process. The system gives you a last chance to go back and fix stuff before you submit the final order. That is your opportunity to review your order and make sure its correct. Nobody held a gun to your head and made you go through the process quickly without reviewing the information.

My thoughts exactly. People generally get ticked if there is no system in place for someone else to fix their mistakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast