Thread: help attaching skiskins

Default help attaching skiskins

I have a Bravo. I bought a set of plastic ski skins that are supposed to fit it. Have never done this, can anyone give me some tips on how to do put them on?

Remove the skag. Line up the skin where you want it. Drill holes as needed for the skag studs. Install skag. May also need to cut a hole or slot for the front and/or rear of the skag if it is a curved end design.

Thanks, but when I tried to do that the "hump" down the middle of the steel ski and the "hump" down the middle of the plastic skin do not like on top of each other right. So there is a gap and the skiskin is too far away from the steel ski to get the studs through plus the plastic on the skin is so stiff I can not force it any closer. Any suggestions?

Sounds like the wrong skins Some manufacturers offered skags with longer studs back then to accommodate skins but if the profile of the skin and the ski are so mismatched then cranking on a skag with long enough studs is only going to cause other issues. If the skins were recently purchased see about exchanging them for a style that will work. There have been a lot of different ski bottom profiles over the years. Been 20 years since I've owned a bravo so I don't remember what they look like. Squared off center section?

if the shape is correct, i had to use a rubber malett on my polaris to get my skins on my XLT
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

Got them on (with C-clamps and judicious use of a heat gun) man-o-man what job...

Thanks for the advice!

Cool. Hope they last.