Thread: M77 Alaskan Muzzle Break ?

Default M77 Alaskan Muzzle Break ?

Any recomedations on a muzzle break for the M77 in 416 Ruger ? Also anyone have any pics of the M77 Alaskan with a break ?

Quote Originally Posted by chansen View Post
    Any recommendations on a muzzle break for the M77 in 416 Ruger ? Also anyone have any pics of the M77 Alaskan with a break ?
    When I began shooting my Ruger 375 Alaskan I was somewhat a rookie with the magnums. I decided to put a break on it after the first range day. Now that I have matured a bit I would not do it again. It does mute the recoil no doubt about that but this isn't a target rifle so 40 shot strings aren't the norm. Even though the Vais brake claims lower sound levels than other breaks it's quite loud on the 375. Hunting with ear plugs are not an option for me and the braked shot hurts my ears.

I sent the barreled action to Ron Bartlett at Vais muzzles brakes. He pushed the front sight back and threaded the barrel for the brake. It's very effective and the installation is clean. The service was great with a fast turn around time. Shipping is legal since you're sending it to a repair facility. Just remove the stock and bolt to reduce your shipping size and weight. Wrap the action in a towel and box it up. I sent mine in a FedEx tube.

http://www.muzzlebrakes.com/Default.aspx

The brake is up tight against the front sight. In the pic it appears shiny, that's the flash. If yours isn't the black oxide barrel he does them in stainless to match.

DSC01249.JPG

We can machine a brake right into the end of your barrel, effectively turning the muzzle into an expansion chamber and brake. We will do a short or long version, whichever you prefer, for 250$. Turnaround is around 10 days right now for brakes. I have done several of the 416s and recoil is about like a 300 or 338 afterward.

Is that at W/W guns ?

Yes. 9-5:30 M-F 10-4:30 Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    We can machine a brake right into the end of your barrel, effectively turning the muzzle into an expansion chamber and brake. We will do a short or long version, whichever you prefer, for 250$. Turnaround is around 10 days right now for brakes. I have done several of the 416s and recoil is about like a 300 or 338 afterward.
    Kid,

Are you porting the barrel or adding a removable break?

Can you post a picture of the design?

Is the front sight retained?